“Love this hotel”

Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
St. Louis
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Homewood Suites Grand Rapids - Stahl Rd - My favorite hotel when I am in town on business. Newly remodeled lobby and dining area is now an added bonus to my long time favorite hotel in Grand Rapids. Ceiling fans make it feel like home!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Auora, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

It's pretty rare to have hotel that has no negative features. My stay at the Homewood suites had absolutely no negative aspects. The room was nice. The staff was nice. The food was good. The pool was well kept and pleasant. I really enjoyed the stay. I work third shift and sleep during the day. This makes it confusing for cleaning staff when they need to access the room for cleaning. Every hotel I've stayed at I have always had troubles with Room Cleaning because after a couple days they ignore the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. This creates an awkward exchange of my sleepy shirtless self telling them to go away in the middle of the day. I did not have that issue with Homewood. I snuck down to the pool one morning before going to bed, an the cleaning crew swooped in and took care of my room while I was away. It was greatly appreciated that they tried to accommodate me by getting to my room when they did. Not sure if was on purpose or just lucky chance, but either way I was never disturbed while sleeping. Thank you.

Alpena, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Would recommend for long stays nice that dinner offered on a daily basis is a additional feature. Menus are posted in the suites for planning. Menus are limited but adequate for none picky folks. Very clean and comfy suites. A little more noise protection would be nice. Lots of food choices in walking distance. Would stay here again.

Sauk Village, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My son goes to college in Grand Rapids and this has allowed me to check out a couple of hotel properties there. I just stayed at this Homewood Suites for the second time and for one night only. Now that I have stayed at this hotel twice I found it to be time to write about it.

First thing is the hotel is tucked away off of the main street know as 28th Street. The placement of this hotel makes it very easy to miss. However, once you find it (which really isn't that hard) you'll be glad you did. This Homewood Suites lives up to the Hilton brand name for home style comfort. My husband and I stayed in the king suite and we were very comfortable. Room 202 was very spacious and clean. It also had everything we needed (minus food) to cook ourselves a nice dinner in the room. Being that each time my husband and I stayed impromptu, for one night only, we did not get to experience much else about the hotel. From the looks of the business center, lobby, breakfast area and the fitness room they all appear to be clean and very useful.

Although this hotel is a bit tucked away it is easily accessible to everything you need in regards to restaurants, shopping and more. It sits right adjacent to one of the busiest streets in Grand Rapids known as 28th Street.

I apologize that I am unable to offer my usual thorough review. For the rating I still give this property my Two Thumbs Up!

From your happy traveling Travel Agent - Beverly Colar-Credelle

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Livonia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you are planning on using the sleeper sofa, beware you can feel the springs and not comfortable at all. Our daughter did not sleep well and ended up in bed with us. The ice maker (the only one in the hotel, did not work and the ice makers in the room refrigerators took a very long time to make ice. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were traveling with two children (4 and 12) and needed the two bedrooms to ensure the best sleep possible for every one! The remodeled lobby and rooms were very nice. The internet was complimentary and very fast, even for multiple devices. The location is close to the Mall, chain restaurants/stores, as well as nice local businesses (including a great independent bookstore/cafe Schulers and restaurants). The staff were friendly and brought forgotten items to the room. The housekeeping loaded dishes in the dishwasher which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TMIHospitality, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi Carolt676,
Thank you for staying with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids! We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us while you were in town and that you enjoyed your stay! We are absolutely in love with our newly renovated hotel, and are thrilled that you and your family were able to spread out in our roomy suites and enjoy some great sleep! We are very lucky to be surrounded by so many great restaurant and shopping options. When you are back in town, we'd love to give you some suggestions of some great local places to visit! We hope to see you again when your return to Grand Rapids!

Warm regards,
Cassaundra Hickok
Director of Sales
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The rooms are huge but a little tired. I was told all rooms at this location had king beds only (and pull out couches.) This hotel is next to a Fairfield (FYI). Plenty of parking and easy enough to get around. Bed was comfortable but very soft. Rooms were quiet. In town to watch lacrosse so didn't spend much time in the room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TMIHospitality, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear MSH444,
Thank you for reviewing the Homewood Suites Grand Rapids. I'm glad to hear that you found your room spacious and quiet. Our rooms were just redone a few months ago and we have gotten a lot of positive feedback from our guests! I'm also glad that you found our location made it easy to get around the area. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon and maybe next time you will be able to take advantage of our brand new salt water pool or evening socials.

Cassaundra H.