All reviews room was clean an older hotel waffles would stay here again one night stay coffee maker continental breakfast shuttle pillows lamp refrigerator gr
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed here with our 2 kids when our flight was cancelled out of Grand Rapids. This place exceeded our expectations in several ways. The shuttle was there for us immediately. They have a discounted rate for stranded travelers. They serve free breakfast and a simple buffet dinner. The desk clerk called the caterer to find out if the meal would be ok for my son, who has a nut allergy. The room was clean and had a big flat-screen tv. Downsides... there was no fan in the bathroom. The satellite TV kept dropping out (maybe due to weather). All in all, I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed here on our way up to upper Michigan and liked it so much that we decided to stay on our way back to Chicago as well. Older motel that has been completely refurbished. Very clean, comfortable beds and chairs to relax in. Would plan to return during future visits to Michigan. Suites are two separate rooms which makes it nice for families and added privacy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Very good value and great staff. Clean, quiet, close to airport and staff is always friendly and willing to help. They really make the difference. I almost exclusively stay at this hotel when on the SE side of GR.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I am very picky about hotels in general, but mostly about the cleanliness in my hotel room. This Clarion was one of the cleanest I've ever stayed in. My compliments and thanks to the staff!

The free breakfast buffet was also one of the nicest I've seen. Everything was very fresh and hot food (eggs and bacon) was included. Fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc also available.

The rooms are comfortable. We stayed in a double queen room. The only seating was a desk chair. Since up to 4 people could be staying there, it would be nice to have some additional seating.

The front desk staff was very friendly but a bit confused. So check in took longer than it should have.

Nice sized outdoor heated pool. The pool and surrounding area were clean and well maintained.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Motown_Mrs
Reviewed 21 July 2011

At first glance it's not very fancy but the rooms ane nicely furnished, very comfortable and very clean. The location is only a few minutes from the airport (they have a shuttle) and many restautrants and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo