“Not Far From The Airport”

Clarion Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a good place to stay if you have an early flight out in the morning because they have a shuttle. Although the breakfast buffet is not available real early, they do have a continental breakfast that is more than sufficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I booked five nights at this Clarion, expecting the usual amenities and service. I only need a nice place to sleep, while in town working and don't get back to the hotel till after 10:00Ppm, usually. The second night i came in my room hadn't been cleaned, even touched and no fresh towels. I went down to desk, the young lady informed me " Yea, we've had problems with house keeping alot, lately"! I told her I need towels daily, expect my room cleaned and she informed me to call manager. I left my number for manager to call me, went back to room and had a nice shower in morning, using hand towel. Next night, russian roulette opening door and you guessed it, room not touched. I again go down to desk, informed young lady Again, that I had called at 10:00am and told desk I wanted my room done that day. Still no manager and no call back, no response except "Sorry, we've had problems with house keeping". Lots of choices on this road and I'm now down the street!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RoadDogCincinnati
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This Clarion Inn is located right off the freeway & is in close proximity to many restaurants & shopping areas. I have stayed here twice, & the king-sized beds are very comfortable, the rooms are clean, the expanded continental breakfast is quite good, and the price is very reasonable. The staff is friendly, they honored a late check-out request, & the hotel was quiet- no road noise or noise from other guest rooms.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid hearing footsteps above you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Being a member of the Choice Hotels rewards allowed me to book a room here for an amazing price for my father. Check in was nice and easy.

The room was very nice with a big bed and a nice bathroom! The bathroom mirror had sprays of water on it but otherwise it was nice.

If any family needs to stay near the airport I will recommend this place highly and secure them a good rate once again :)

Room Tip: Check out your area and make sure all your needs are met. A meijers is nearby as well as many restau...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel was a great choice for us. The room and bathroom were both spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and multiple down and down alternative pillows were on the bed. The staff was exceptional, from the front desk to the breakfast room gal-- all very pleasant and intent on our satisfaction. The lobby is spacious and attractive. We were pleased with the variety of hot breakfast available: eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, country potatoes, waffles, and lots of cold choices also. They were running low on several hot items a half hour before closing and the hostess prepared fresh refills for those of us still eating. It appears to be an older hotel in need of a few updates here and there - our desk chair had a large tear in the seat, the carpet was missing/frayed in a few spots - but the great customer service and the quiet, clean rooms made this a great choice for us. We would stay there again without hesitation and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Located close to the airport on 28th Street, the hotel is fair value for money...but don't take anybody special for the weekend.

Low ceilings, thin walls and polystyrene plates at breakfast. Complimentary breakfast is fair although the cooked items I would be embarassed to serve my house guests at home.

My room was not made up on day three and the front desk person told me this was normal. No offer was made to make it up although we were offered clean towels...and to think I left a good tip the day before.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I travel around the county for work and I must say this hotel and all the staff far surpass all basics.
i travel about 45 weeks a year and never bother to write any reviews but this stay was one of the
best i have ever had. the staff was helpful well beyond hotel hospitality standards. rooms were clean. i would recommend this hotel to anyone with no second thoughts.

Room Tip: I personal like the rooms on the right facing side for am sun
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business