“An Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Norwood, Missouri
“An Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and two sons were driving home from Michigan and had vehicle brake issues near Grand Rapids. They needed a hotel so I found one for them. The hotel sent a shuttle to pick them up from the the dealership repair shop which was a real blessing. They enjoyed the shuttle driver. Their rooms were spotless and excellent.

This hotel also has a dinner meal Mon-Thurs which they said was excellent. They felt it was homemade and fantastic (jambalaya type meal). My husband had to work most of the night so spent much of his time in the lobby working. He said the front desk lady was very helpful and even had coffee made for him while he was working. Breakfast was just as good as dinner with freshly made omelets and a myriad of just about anything you could want. My husband spends quite a bit of time in hotels as do I and he said this was a super hotel!

Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
michigan
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great location near the airport and shopping. They offered free transportation to the airport and the local malls. Clean hotel with a great free breakfast. Friendly staff would happily stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eaveym
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I typically drive down the night before my flight from GRR and stay a night in a hotel and this time I stayed at Clarion. I was surprised of the value for what I paid compared to the other rates of hotels in the area. Minutes away from the airport and very close to a number of shopping and restaurants in the area. The hotel in my view was updated and the fact that continental breakfast was included in the rate was a plus since now days a number of hotels charge extra for breakfast. I will return again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel has the feel of an older hotel that needs or will be needing renovations soon. My room was clearly set up for 2 beds, though there was only one bed in the room. This left a large open space in the room that was not filled with anything, though it did not bother me. The sink also was not installed correctly: the faucet was too close to the edge of the sink, making it somewhat difficult to wash my hands. The room itself was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. A complementary breakfast and dinner were included with the stay. I already had dinner plans. Breakfast was ok; it was a typical hotel breakfast. I would stay here again if I were to visit the area, but it is definitely not a more luxury stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had a nice night stay. The bed was fine, room was clean and ample space. Hotel is VERY loud. You can hear every single door close plus hear people in the hall very clearly. Front office staff was very nice and very accomodating. They were able to adjust my rate to match what I could book at a hotel down the street. We did not use the shower and woke up too late to enjoy breakfast. Overall an OK hotel, nothing spectacular but no complaints besides the noise either. It would be fine for an overnight stay. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn down the street and would stay there again for my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Vicksburg, Michigan
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a good place to stay if you have an early flight out in the morning because they have a shuttle. Although the breakfast buffet is not available real early, they do have a continental breakfast that is more than sufficient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I booked five nights at this Clarion, expecting the usual amenities and service. I only need a nice place to sleep, while in town working and don't get back to the hotel till after 10:00Ppm, usually. The second night i came in my room hadn't been cleaned, even touched and no fresh towels. I went down to desk, the young lady informed me " Yea, we've had problems with house keeping alot, lately"! I told her I need towels daily, expect my room cleaned and she informed me to call manager. I left my number for manager to call me, went back to room and had a nice shower in morning, using hand towel. Next night, russian roulette opening door and you guessed it, room not touched. I again go down to desk, informed young lady Again, that I had called at 10:00am and told desk I wanted my room done that day. Still no manager and no call back, no response except "Sorry, we've had problems with house keeping". Lots of choices on this road and I'm now down the street!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business