All reviewsroom was cleanan older hotelwaffleswould stay here againone night staycoffee makercontinental breakfastshuttlepillowslamprefrigeratorgr
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I used to stay here quite often several years back and always loved this hotel. The rates were amazing and the staff was wonderful. Not sure if the hotel changed hands or what but one day all the staff had changed and prices had been raised.
I checked in yesterday and went to my room. When I opened the door it was like opening the door to a sauna or stepping outside in Florida in August. The heat was on full tilt! It was so hot it was hard to breathe! It was so hot that the beds felt like the bedding had just come out of a clothes dryer!
I shut the heat off and turned the air on and left the room for several hours. When I came back to the room it was still very hot. The air conditioning never cooled the room all night! I guess I should have called the front desk right then but it was very late and my sisters who were staying with me were very tired. We tried to sleep but it was just so hot and we were all sweating and tossed and turned all night.
Also, the toilet was very dirty. There was dried urine all down the front of the toilet.

We intended to stay here 2 nights but checked out this morning. I told the lady at the front desk and she just said "Well we don't want our guests checking into a cold room."
Which I understand but your guests don't want to check into a volcano either!

I also told her about the dirty toilet but she didn't have any answer for that.

I tried to call a manager but so far she hasn't returned my call.

I really used to love this hotel but this experience was terrible! I hope things can be improved in the future.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Steffii_R
Jaclynn H, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

We apologize for the inconvenience on your stay with us. We do try and make sure all rooms are with in tolerable temperatures for our guests. We have recently gone under new management and renovations as well. I encourage you to try and email/call myself or the manager so we can fix the issue. Thanks for your review and look forward to providing a better stay next time.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Always clean, quiet and comfortable. Good breakfast, free "pop" and often burgers or hot dogs during afternoon kickback. This place is close to decent restaurant chains and meijers . Pretty much as close to the airport as possible. 8$ uber

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This was pleasant surprise! The mattress and pillows were the right density and softness for my body. I slept great. Japanese steakhouse next door and other restaurants are walking distance. Restrooms can use some updating. But for a one night stay, the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Nice hotel and pool with a managers snack time Monday to Thursday late afternoon. Many good restaurants nearby, and Costco is across the street (for gasoline, if nothing else). Good hot breakfast each morning with eggs, waffles, juice, coffee, pastries, cereal, and other things.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Chelsea L, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear 911travelexprt,
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed our many amenities. We strive to make every guest feel at home. A light evening meal and hot continental breakfast do it make it a home away from home. We do hope next time you are in the area you stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We recently stayed at this property near the end of July, 2017. When we arrived, we learned that Travelocity had sold us a room when the hotel was already sold out. Not having a place to stay, the front desk job went way above and beyond to first try to find us a room at the same price near their property. As I was I on the phone with Travelocity, Shane came running out to the parking lot (it was now around midnight) to let me know that a room had freed up and we could have it. Even though it was a suite, they gave it to us at the Travelocity agreed up rate. If it wasn't for the high customer service, we would still be driving around Grand Rapids. They made sure our room was to our liking, that we checked in promptly, we had wake up calls, etc. Both of them represented Clarion so well that we will look for the Clarion name next time we are on the road. Congrats to Marsha and Shane for exceptional service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Chelsea L, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear gas0302,
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay. We are so delighted to hear that we made your stay a great one! Marcia and shane are rockstars and are very happy to hear they were emntioned by name. We hope to see you again.