“Not bad but could use an upgrade/maintenance”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Battle Creek MI
“Not bad but could use an upgrade/maintenance”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Nice that the Inn provides shuttle service to the airport, on time and direct. Room small, but adequate; needs some upgrading and maintenance. Phone didn't work (no cord to it) and it took staff several tries to get one to me that did, but they worked hard at it. Nice breakfast, friendly staff. Didn't get to try the pool or hot tub; pool was rather small and quite full when we were there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
jaws2002gr
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The new general manager is not friendly as the previous one. Will not allow early check-ins will make you wait until 3 p.m. Free breakfast, heated pool, and hot tub are lovely so is the shuttle and most stuff but many little issues. The hotel needs work to be done by professionals or at least real handy man (not just by the maintenance guys). The non-slip tile in the pool area is new and nice (even on the walls) however the new flooring/tile in the lobby is very slippery and we slipped on it several times. Basically told too bad it has a wet floor sign and and usually only one mat in the entrance and one at the desk. The pillows are hard as a rock (due to choice hotels and the new eco pillows- so go to meijer and buy pillows if you stay here). The hotel still refuses to fix the dryer now for approximately 7 years. Electrical was also an issue for our last stay with outlets being striped, microwave beeping all the time (so unpluged). I wish the owner could actually be contacted but the front desk refuses to pass any of that information on. So if the owner sees this he can contact me (six 1 six 8-zero-2-seven four 05). We used to love this hotel but it is not comfortable and if you cant sleep whats the point?

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here, buy pillows from meijer, also get a room on 2nd or 3rd floor (not fir...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaws2002gr
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I came to 29th Street Sleep Inn two nights ago and had issues with my situation. Jasmine, Casey, David , Laurie all took care of me more than I could of anticipated . I manage a bar restaurant in Connecticut and service far exceeds all else . I would hire each and every one of them for my team. Friendly, understanding, a joy to deal with. You are lucky to have these people on your team. Take measures to insure they know of your gratitude as I have

• Stayed December 2013
Cameron C, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review, and we are very pleased to have made your trip to our Hotel a great experience. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and hope to do it for you again in the future. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I booked this hotel because of some key amenities (location, wi-fi, indoor pool and hot tub) and based on reviews for a overnight stay with the kids. To my displeasure the clerk tells me AFTER I have checked in that the pool area is closed and that I was the 5th person who came to use that feature. She then asked when did I make my reservation because the pool had been closed for a few weeks. When I told her that I booked the room 3-4 days prior her reply was that "someone should've had told you that our pool was down for maintenance when I confirmed the reservation." Immediately when my 7yr daughter here's the news she begins to cry because I promised her that we could swim after check-in. The clerk just looks at her (and me) and says "Aaaawww."

POOR customer relation skills. The only reason I didn't try another hotel in the area was due to the blizzard I just drove thru and everyone in the vehicle was restless and just wanted to relax. So I didn't feel like searching around let alone drive around on the slippery roads.

As far as the condition of the hotel - clean lobby (EXCEPT for the wet-slippery floors due to the snowy conditions. I almost slipped a few times). Hallways were clean and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast was ok...eggs cooked to long and the toaster took forever. The room was a double bed and my complaints are: need more towels in the room and the toilet clogged. It took over 45 minutes and two phones calls for someone to attend to the need. There was some mold and spider webs on the outside corner of the shower and lastly in room 112 the light switch cover barely covered the socket hole.

Would I go back? Its 50/50.
Being snowed in with 2 kids that desperately wanted to do some activities but couldn't just ain't cool. Stayed ONLY overnight!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stubbs247
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nicely located to shopping and airport. Allowed for early check in and friendly staff. Was worth the price and would have paid more. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone local and needing a place to stay or a traveler coming to or through town. Dave... The General manager went out of his way to make sure our stay was perfect. Will stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Myers
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We often stay here when in GR to attend to family matters. My wife needs a roll in shower and this hotel offers one. Many hotels do not. Front Desk staff has always been cheerful and willing to help however they can. We appreciate the lite dinner offered weekdays. The breakfast was also very good. For us however, the most important feature is the availability of the walk in shower and the hotel has been excellent in meeting our needs. We will stay here again without question.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jack L
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This Sleep Inn is about mid-range as far as that group of hotels is concerned. Although it is showing signs of age, it's clean, the staff is friendly and well trained and the beds and bathroom are in good shape.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business