“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Denver, Colorado
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

I always stay at this location when I travel to Grand Rapids. The staff is friendly, the rooms are large and very clean. I love having a mini fridge in my room! The workout facility is good. Great location. The only downside is they don't have the free breakfast like many of the other Holiday Inn Expresses I stay at. Other than that I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

We stayed here while in town to visit the zoo. It was clean and comfortable, a pretty average hotel.

The bedding was clean and comfortable and we had no issues during our stay. The price was right where it should be for a hotel of this class.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cbrandt1209
MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

This hotel was one of the most accommodating hotels that I have ever stayed at. We had a large group block and no issues whatsoever. The staff was friendly, warm, and very welcoming. The suites were great because they gave ample amount of room for relaxation. Also, we had 4 per room so having the extra pull-out couch was an unexpected bonus.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

Looking for a great spot and great service? Well this is the place!!! The front Desk manager went beyond the call of duty!!! She made share that we got the rooms at a great price and made sure that we were happy!! Just think this whole thing started by us being moved over to the hotel because of a problem with their hot water tank. Now we have a new hotel and new family!! Thanks for the GREAT JOB CHAKIWE!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
sterling heights, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

I initially made a reservation with the Best Western across the street but when I arrived at night and in the snow, the lighted signs were off and I was informed that it was going through major renovation with no guests. The clerk had moved my reservation to the Holiday Inn Express which was across the street. Although there is a sign along 28th street, the building is actually way in the back of a Meijers' parking lot behind another hotel. Just keep going, After finally arriving and checking in I was pleased since it appears new and was clean. I had a "suite" which I didn't need but it was nice. The breakfast was good with small cheese omelets, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits along with the usual. The bed was very comfortable but I couldn't seem to control the heat. It was either too cold or too hot. Although it is not right downtown, it is only a 10 minute drive and there are restaurants, gas stations, etc. all along 28th to the north and south of I-96. If I have to return to Grand Rapids on business, I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Was in Grand Rapids for business and booked a very attractive rate at the airport HIX. Location isn't terrible, but it's not within walking distance to anything. Overall the hotel was what I expect from a HIX. Nice clean hotel, large rooms with nice beds, fridge, micro, and safe. Breakfast was good but the breakfast area was VERY busy and they did seem to have a hard time keeping up. The only real problem I had with the hotel was the lack of recognition of Priority Club Platinum status. At no time was I welcomed as a loyal customer. No upgrade, no goodie bag, not even a verbal thank you.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Kingston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

I was in the Grand Rapids area for 12 days. When first greeted at the desk began my positive experience for this hotel. The staff was very helpful. There was a problem with my refrigerator and within minutes it was addressed I needed extra hanger and again they were delivered within minutes. Being there so long, it was nice to have more than a room. The extra space was good for the length of time I was there. The pool and hot tube were nice after a long day at work. If I could have got my room temperature a little cooler for sleeping, I would have been all set. This is not a luxury hotel but was more than comfortable for my 12 nights. It is convenient to both the airport and express way which made it very convenient. All the restaurents, and mall were within minutes from the hotel. I was on the third floor and it was very quiet.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business