I recently spent a week at this hotel while in the area for business and would recommend it to others.
The room I had was very comfortable, and consisted of a sitting room with sofa and work desk, a washroom, kitchenette area and bedroom. The heat worked well, and the refrigerator and microwave were nice features. The hot water in the shower was abundant.
The breakfast was always good and plentiful, but having stayed for so many days I did get a bit tired of the same two breakfast menus. Because of this, one day I skipped the free breakfast and went out to eat for a bit of variety. Despite the lack of variety from day to day, the food quality and freshness was very good. Although the seating was right in the lobby, making it cold when people were coming and going, there was never a problem finding a seat and the breakfast host was great--keeping everything clean and replenished.
I didn't experience any 'problems' while there, but did have a few hiccups. Due to my specific circumstances, I was unable to book online and had to call the property. The person with whom I booked was not pleasant and seemed unfamiliar with the booking system. No big deal overall, but it didn't really give a good first impression.
One of the days housekeeping didn't come at all. I left the room around 8 for work and returned around 4 to find it exactly how I had left it. To be clear, I did NOT leave my do not disturb sign out. On another day I kept a similar schedule and returned to find that housekeeping had been there, but did not make the bed or replenish the coffee supplies. Again, not a huge problem, but unfortunate nonetheless.
The area is fine for business purposes. Although it's a hike to 'downtown,' the hotel is very near all sorts of restaurants, retail and major roads.The fitness facility was basic but functional, and the pool/hot tub area was great, if underutilized.
I had a difficult time finding the hotel the first time, given it was behind a Meijer's. Although it is right off the expressway, I didn't notice any 'road' noise. Thankfully, though, I always travel with a white noise machine and needed it to muffle the hallway noise at night. The other guests weren't overly noisy, but you could easily hear almost everything between the rooms and from the hallway.
Overall, I'd choose this property again if being right downtown wasn't important to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us at the newest Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, MI!The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport Hotel provides quality and comfort with a unique twist...all rooms are suites! The Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is located only 3 miles from this airport hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle service will have you there in minutes.Amenities abound at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport. Stay Smart with Express Start breakfast served daily (including those irresistible cinnamon buns) and hot coffee offered round the clock. When you arrive, take a dip in our indoor pool or shoot hoops at the backyard sport court. If there is work to be done, you ll love free wireless Internet throughout the hotel and complimentary business center services.The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport guests often visit nearby local Grand Rapids businesses including Steelcase Headquarters, Amway, Cascade Engineering, and Meijer among others.Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport is family and group friendly too, located next door to the MVP Sports Fieldhouse. We are also situated within walking distance of Cascade Meijer and Macaroni Grill, 2 miles from the Woodland Mall and Centerpointe Mall, 2 miles from Celebration Cinema, and only 5 miles away from the Frederik Meijer Gardens. The sandy beaches of the Lake Michigan shore is only a 35 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids