Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Eagle, Colorado
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn here. The staff was very professional and accommodating. If you needed anything they took care of it right away. The staff is very knowledgeable of the area around the hotel and Grand Rapids. The rooms were clean, the fitness room was very nice for a hotel, and the breakfast was good.

I really can't express how nice the staff is , they made this stay very enjoyable!!!:-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for coming to stay with us recently. We enjoyed having you and appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay. I will pass on your kind and inspiring words to my staff. Thank you again and come back to visit soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
North Jersey
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel at the end of a weekend away on business. The hotels are booked by the company for whom I work. It was very conveniently located to the airport. However, the rooms need updating and the cleanliness was only fair in my room. Plus, there was a giant fruit punch colored stain on the carpet between the beds in the room. Totally turned me off and grossed me out. My heat was also turned down past 60 when I first came in the room and it was in the teens outside. With that being said, the gentleman downstairs was very friendly. This hotel is a fine option for emergencies and flight cancellations. However, I most likely would not book here again traveling on my own dollar.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel regarding your stay. I apologize and am disappointed about the stain on your carpet and the heat being turned down so low. Thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I may get those issues resolved. Your compliment about my front desk staff will be passed on and is very appreciated. We do hope you will give us a second chance in the future. Thank you again-
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend. Since I knew we'd be spending quite a bit of time in our room, I opted to reserve a suite. I came across this hotel and the price was right. We had a Queen Suite and it had 2 queen beds, a kitchenette, and a living area. It was perfect for what we were looking for. The room was clean and spacious.

The hotel staff was friendly. The pool and hot tub area was nice, although the hot tub looked like it could use to be cleaned. The pool was clean, and nice and warm for swimming. The breakfast was ample and well stocked.

The location of the hotel is a little difficult to find. It is tucked behind the Meijer store, and is not visible from the main road in the dark. It is nearby everything you would need, so that is a bonus! Meijer, restaurants, main highways, are all near by.
This hotel met our needs well. I would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit here to Grand Rapids. We do appreciate your review of our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon! Monika Harris, General Manager
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I spent one night in the hotel for a busniess trip, and I travel a lot, and I rarely complain, but this one bothers me. My biggest problem is that I booked my hotel thru my corporate travel agency, since I was traveling on business, and the corporate travel agency booked my room at a specific rate, but the hotel overcharged me by $4.27. Because the price was only marginally increased, I did not notice that they had overcharged me, shame on me. When I did notice the discrepancy (as I was filling in my expense report), I contacted my corporate travel agency who called the hotel and talked with Monica, to inquire why there was a rate change. She said that when the travel request was submitted, the rate was only for a double bed (I can not confirm or deny this to be true, as I do not have access to to my original booking doucment's webpage views), but in the travel request, I had indicated that a King bed was preffered, so they upgraded my room to to a king, and increased my room rate, without telling me. They never discussed with me at check in that they were modifying my original room, or that they were "upgrading" me in any way, it was just "ok, here's your room keys, have a nice night". So Monica said that since I never asked about the change in invoice price, it was my fault. So now I am letting every traveler know, that in my extensive years of travel, I have never had this type of experience, and if you are traveling to this hotel, DOUBLE check your innvoice as they are padding their numbers hoping that you don't notice, and then, well, it's your fault that you didn't catch them cheating you. All this for a lowsy $4.27, Monica, really, it's the customer's fault?

So let me expand on my review of the hotel and share what my upgraded room was like. First, I will say, the room was clean. So that was good, and expected. However, the toilet seat lid was a problem. It seems to me that they had one contractor install a shelf to the wall above the toilet, and had someone else install the toilet, becase the shelf blocks the toilet seat from being able to fully open, and then gravity pulls the seat closed while you are using the toilet. So in order to use it like a man, you have to hold the toilet seat lid up with one hand the whole time, and if you need to take a seat, well it just rides on your back the whole time.

The rest of the room was nicely appointed, TV, sofa, work desk, and coffee pot all seemd in good condition.

I will definately NOT stay here again, and I advise you to do the same. There are many hotels in that area to choose from.

Room Tip: Just double check your room rates, as they seem to change your room without letting you know that th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the miscommunication that you received. Please contact me so that I may speak to you directly at 616-940-8100. Thank you, Monika Harris, General Manager
London, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We just got back from Grand Rapids and we stayed at this hotel. It's in a great location with a large Meijer store a stone throw away and many restaurants within a 5 min drive. It's a smallish hotel and some would call it dated but, that never bothered me. It is clean, quiet and the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent. There were a lot of families staying here so it was good for the kids. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts online. We are presently making some additional changes and look forward to your thoughts when you return! We hope that we can welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport again very soon.
Berrien Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had recently stayed at this hotel, and upon my arrival, the front desk woman working their, Ashleigh was absolutely fantastic. She made sure that I had everything that I had needed seeing as I had lost my travel bag somewhere along the way. She also went above and beyond to make me comfortable and found the best choice of room for me due to some certain requests that I had made to her. No other hotels would accommodate me with these requests. I commend her greatly, she was so happy to help us, and later on that evening when I went to dinner she was rocking it by herself, helping guests with their needs and being so polite about it, answering multiple phones. Working in customer service myself, this is something that is commended. A Hard working employee, that goes above and beyond. I will definitely be staying at this hotel from now on!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We loved hearing about your great experience with us. Thank you so much for your recent patronage and for taking the time to share your thoughts online. We hope that we can welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport again soon.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had to travel to Grand Rapids to a testing facility. I was not familiar with the area, so I called ahead to several hotels to get an idea of proximity to the testing site. I spoke to Ashleigh at the Holiday Inn Express and she took it a step further, she asked for the address and looked up driving directions and informed me I would be 2 miles from the facility. She then asked me about my business affiliations so she could apply additional discounts to my room. She gave me a great price and a booked the room. No one from the other establishments made themselves available to assist me with my inquiries. The day I was to travel to the hotel, a one hour trip ending up taking 2.5 hours due to a typical Michigan winter storm. I got lost and called the front desk. Coincidentally, it was Ashleigh again! Her friendly voice calmed me as she directed me to the hotel. Exhausted from driving white knuckled and famished, Ashleigh offered to have the shuttle take me to get something to eat so I would not have to drive. She remembered I was there to take a test and made sure to give me the WiFi code without me asking. She also told me the the pool was open to 11:00 pm if I needed to step into the hot tube to unwind. I swear she anticipated everything I wanted. This helped me wind down. The shuttle driver also was exceptionally friendly. Being a manager, I am very sensitive to customer service. Ashleigh did not stop at enough, she tried to anticipate my needs and desires by the many services she offered. Yes, these are common amenities, but she made me feel like she was along side with me and my experience. She offered to print out directions to the testing site, to give me a wake up call and wished me good luck on my test. She suggested I take the third floor room so I could have quiet as I prepared for my exam. She made it personal. Again, she offered before I could ask. The room was clean and comfortable with nice perks, safe, microwave,& refrigerator. My check in was on 1/27/14. I arrived at 7:30 pm.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for your review of your experience here at Holiday Inn Express. Your review is not just recognition for Ashleigh, but for our staff as a whole. I am very proud of the efforts of the staff to be a part of the Best of the Best for Grand Rapids. Thank you for recognizing Ashleigh and her efforts at welcoming you to your home away from home. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.