“Comfortable and convenient”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First time at an Express and I was pleasantly surprised. Nice clean room and great service. Location is good, although the entry is kind of tricky. The breakfast was good and always ready on time. I had an issue with the safe, but they came up right away and fixed it. Recommend for a short stay. Very nice pool and exercise area as we'll.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review of our hotel. I am pleased we were able to get your issue fixed immediately. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future! Safe travels-Monika Harris, General Manager

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This HOTEL is the best I've ever seen. My Family Traveled 2 Hrs for A DR APP. Unknown to us, WE HAD ANOUTHER APP. THE NEXT MORNING. JOHN not only had rooms nest to each other BUT made sure we had everything From TOOTH BRUCHES to COMBS. THANK YOU JOHN AND THE ENTIRE STAFF!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I am so pleased that we were able to make your experience fantastic. Having appointments and dealing with a stressful day, we are very pleased to know we could make a difference on how it ended! I will pass on your compliments to John, who is invaluable to our hotel (you can see why!) Our entire staff look forward to having you back soon. Monika Harris, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Easy and fast check in with Dave, who offered us any room for our 2 day stay. He gave us a room overlooking the woods (ask for an odd number room) instead of the parking lot.

We had a two room suite with a small kitchen: refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink and counter. The cupboards had sturdy paper plates, napkins and plasticware. Also they will have dish soap if you request it.

The hotel was convient to the expressway and walking distance to Meijer Market (like a Wal Mart and Target combined). Love this store!

The pool was a sad disappointment. As soon as we walked into the indoor pool area, our eyes started to burn. It felt like someone put "burn out" into the pool and did not close it down until it did its job. We tried the pool but it burned our skin. There were some kids in the pool but the parents stayed in the hot tub. The pool was also cloudy, which indicates that it is not good to swim in.

We complained to man who checked us in and he called the manager to let her know. She came in the next day and asked the maintenance man to correct it but it still was not balanced the next day, so we never did enjoy our pool time during our 2 day stay.

I also asked for a refund so we could stay at another hotel with an indoor heated pools but they refused. To be fair, they did offer to transport us to another hotel property they owned, for pool time, but we were not prepared to spend the time or energy to do this.

It is also interesting that they treated me like it was all me and no one else complained so therefore it was not a problem! I watched as two other guests walked into the pool area only to walk right back out again. They also agreed that the pool was not balanced and decided not to use it, but sadly did not bother to tell the management!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a hotel with an indoor pool for your kiddos to have fun, do not use this hote...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel on your recent stay with us. I would like to again apologize regarding your experience with our pool and that we could not meet the standards you expected. We did have the water tested several times during and after your stay to ensure the water and the PH was balanced. We appreciate it when guests bring their concerns to our attention. I will pass on your compliment to John at the front desk for the great check in. Thank you again for your patronage and we do hope you will change your mind and stay with us again. -Monika Harris, General Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend away from Florida. He LOVED the breakfast! All of his favorites and so yummy. The room was immaculate and it was a very clean, home like facility. The staff was so friendly and kind every time we interacted with them. The rooms were quiet and the pool and hotub were clean with great views!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Holiday Inn Express & Suites is your home away from home!
Monika Harris, General Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2014

From my arrival to my departure 2 days later, I was always greeted & treated like a valued guest. The General Manager, Monika, and her entire front desk crew were always quick with a smile & a hello, and were very attentive to all guest requests & comments. I was especially impressed by how Monika & John handled the large group from a bus tour on the morning I was checking out; they both went above & beyond to make sure the elderly travelers' checkouts were in order and their luggage was ready to load.

Breakfast items were fresh & the stock well maintained. The all-suite accommodations are a rare treat for a Holiday Inn Express, and my room was well cleaned and very comfortable. I would definitely stay at this property again when I return to the Grand Rapids area.

Room Tip: North side rooms (opposite the lobby entrance) have windows facing a low traffic industrial court &a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to add a review of our hotel. It is awesome to see the upgrades in our pillows and decor is paying off for our guests' comfort! We look forward to having you back again! See you soon! Monika Harris, General Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for daughter tournament. It is very centrally located to various gyms that housed the event but more importantly it is CLEAN and QUIET. The hotel also had a large continental breakfast which was very appreciated. The lobby area was a nice bonus for visiting with families before and after games. The staff was helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay! We host many sporting events and it is always a pleasure to have the teams and parents staying with us. We love it when one of "our teams" win in the tournaments (we do brag). The team spirit you all bring, definitely rubs off on my entire staff. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again next year! Monika Harris, General Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I am not used to Holiday Inn allowing pets so I was wonderfully surprised when I found out that I could have my dog with me. This hotel was resonably priced. I had a nice suite on the end of the hotel which gave me easy access to take my dog outside when needed. I appreciated very much that a hotel key is required to get into the hotel from the side enterances.

This hotel has a gym on the 3rd floor and a pool on the first floor. My brother and his family joined us each day we were there to use the pool and hot tub.

The staff is very friendly as well and also extremely helpful.

Room Tip: If you are not traveling with a dog you may want to consider asking for a room around the middle of...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to have been able to accommodate you and your pet, as we are one of a limited number of hotels in the area that allow well behaved pets such as yours! Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us again real soon. -Monika Harris, General Manager.