We were here for a two night stay on Memorial Day weekend while visiting relatives in Grand Rapids. When we pulled in the parking lot (about 7:30 PM), we wondered what happened here. There was not one single other car there, except for the desk attendant's. Wow -- what's wrong here, we asked. Turns out that this is pretty much just a "business hotel", the desk attendant told us (and he was a very helpful person I might add -- no matter what the question we had or assistance we needed.)
They don't have much other traffic there -- and I'm not surprised. They would never get a walk-in from the road, because they are situated off a side-road, back in the trees and other office buildings -- with no sign on the side road. We passed it twice before we figured out where it was.
So we had the place pretty much to ourselves, although I would guess there were about 15 cars on the lot in the morning. Very quiet -- not a sound from the hallways, and obviously no road noise.
We had reserved a regular king room, but when we asked if it had a fridge or microwave ........ he said "no, but I can move you into a king suite, no problem -- we have plenty of empty rooms." So we had a nice mini-suite, and it was all very much up to the Fairfield standards that you would expect.
Only two complaints: this Fairfield still has those lumpy, hard-as- a-rock foam pillows, but that's not a problem for us, since we travel with our own pillows when driving. The other problem was the A/C, which did not work properly the first night -- but it did so the 2nd night -- never could figure that out. Got pretty warm in the room the first night, and once again, the same desk attendant was more than willing to move us to another room -- but we just didn't want to be bothered with that. Turned out to be a good decision. He assured us that the maintenance man would be checking it out after we left.
So it pretty much met all our basic expectations for a Fairfield Inn, and we got a free room upgrade besides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Grand Rapids, MI Marriott hotel offers guests spacious guest rooms with free WiFi, complimentary breakfast daily, and access to our heated indoor pool, hot tub, and our 24-hour fitness center. Our location places us just a few miles from the Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR), and only 15 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids. While visiting us be sure to visit the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, the Grand Rapids Public Museum, or check out nearby Woodland Mall. No matter the reason for staying with us, our staff is always willing to help you with anything you may need during your time with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Grand Rapids Hotel Grand Rapids
- Fairfield Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Fairfield Inn