“INCREDIBLE!”

Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Terre Haute, Indiana
“INCREDIBLE!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband booked this hotel as night number one of our annual anniversary vacation. I knew nothing of the reputation but when I walked in it was obvious this was a well run hotel. Very little wait time and I was greeted in a very kind manner. We were provided with great service. When sitting in the lobby they were sure we were comfortable by asking if we needed anything. The room was spotless and very up to date. ALL staff were extremely polite. Brett was amazing just as everyone else states. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The best part! Within 30 minutes of arriving there was an envelope containing a letter from Brett himself. He wrote about where I had been that morning and had hoped I enjoyed myself. The letter also stated that he would be willing to help with anything we may need. Incredible! I just cannot say enough great things about this hotel. What an experience!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hotelmanagergr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
We are so glad that you had a great stay with us. We try to provide the friendliest and most polite customer service possible. Brett does a great job and is one of our favorites. We will be sure to pass the compliments on to him. It’s great that you had an awesome experience and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Grand Rapids! Happy anniversary!

-Comfort Inn Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Buffalo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Beds were vry comfortable and hotel service was excellent.

Room Tip: Great personel at this hotel and we were treated very well. We would definitely stay here if in area...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the nice compliment. We are so very happy that you had a nice night’s sleep and enjoyed the beds! We pride ourselves on customer service so it is very thrilling to hear that our staff was accommodating. Look forward to seeing you again!
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2012

A year ago we stayed at this Comfort Inn and said if we ever returned to Grand Rapids, we would definitely stay here. We stayed again and were not disappointed at all. Aaron was a great help in our checking in. We had to cancel our second night and he was so helpful in taking care of that embarrassing situation as our first night was a freebee and the second we would have had to pay for it. He made us feel very welcomed.

The room was great; very clean and comfortable. The service was excellent especially Aaron and Erin at the front desk. The morning breakfast was delicious and helped us be on our way home without wasting time finding a restaurant to stop at. We really liked this Comfort Inn over many others we have stayed at over the years. and would recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Grand Rapids.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Friends - thank you so much for taking time to evaluate our property. We are so pleased to hear that you had a good experience with us. We know how many choices you have in Grand Rapids, so your desire to return to our property is a huge compliment. We will make sure to let Aaron and Erin know that you appreciated there help. They are a great team and truly enjoy interacting with the guests. Hope everything goes great with the rest of your summer. Thanks again.
Owosso, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Soon as I arrived Aaron the front desk agent was very nice, quick and was welcomed with a bottle of water and prepackaged cookies for being a choice member (Never received anything from previous hotels, so that was a nice treat)...However, there was another gentleman behind the desk, Shirt untucked, tennis shoes on, sitting on the back counter (Not leaning climbed up sitting), I felt that was very unprofessional no name tag on however, i heard his name was BO because aaron asked him to answer the phone while I was being checked in. So that did not start off on a good start.

The evening before I went to bed, I went down to the desk to see if id be able to stay a few extra days because I saw the same 2 rooms were still for rent but to see if it would be possible to stay at the same rate (Still higher then their cheapest rooms would of went for).
A lady was at the desk this time, she said that she's unable to do that, whoever she could put be in a standard room for my same rate. (DESPITE the standard room rate is LESS then what she was going to charge me, according to 1800 Choice and the website. ) I was ok with not being able to stay for the same rate i understand business needs, however, being offered a "Standard Room" but to be charged MORE then what is listed on the website and 1800 number is scamming people and I find that rude and offensive. I was not rude or polite when i asked about the upgraded room so I don't know why she was trying to charge me more.
I would of booked a regular room however, when i was insulted by attempting to be charged more then anyone else I realized they didn't care about my business.

Positives :I had a Jacuzzi room, very nice set up,(separate sink with counter area by the mini fridge and microwave was great) Bed was VERY comfortable, Charging port has 4 ports for a reg 3 prong plug and 2 USB chargers, nice feature. Woke up in the A/M and the a/c was for sure working nice a cool didn't want to leave my comfortable bed:)
Wifi, Great Check Inn with Aaron

Cons: Some hair in the jacuzzi. As well as wall paper had peelings. A/C was off when i arrived so it took a while to get cool (Wall Unit) and its a big room
Unprofessionalism of staff, yes they were nice but "Bo" Didn't look professional the first day, I saw him in the morning and he was better, still tennis shoes with a dress shirt?

Breakfast was HORRIBLE, not what I expected from a comfort inn breakfast, (Biscuits and Gravy was the only hot item (Even though website lists eggs and meat) . Fruit only had apples, and 2 pre cut tangerines that didn't look that great not sure how long they been cut open.
Milk for cereal was empty.
The yogurt was good thats the only thing I could say was good.

Room Tip: Become a choice member, You get free goodies :P
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Valued guest --We want to thank you for your honest review of our property. We are always looking for ways to improve, and hearing from the guests is one of the best ways to know if we are doing our job properly. We definitely apologize for any troubles you may have encountered. We take great pride in our staff and the various features we have to offer, so we truly are saddened that you did not have a pleasant stay. We will be reviewing your insights with each team member as we continue to stride to be the best hotel in Grand Rapids. Thanks again for taking time to share with us.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I did a stay and fly from the Gerald Ford Airpot and Comfort Inn Airport Hotel. I experienced a team effort in making my stay an excellent experience. The maintenance staff had the facility clean and appealing. The counter staff were friendly and helpful. The shuttle staff were engaging and informative. My return flight changed. But, a phone call ensured that the shuttle was there for me. Their service was professional and pleasant. I will use thir service for my future flights.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
We loved reading your review - we often talk about how it really is a team effort to make the guest's experience a positive one. Thank you for mentioning how each of the departments was able to help. This will mean a lot to everyone. We are so glad to hear that your Park-and-Fly visit was pleasant. We hope the rest of your adventure was as enjoyable as your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Have a great week.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The hotel is very clean!!!! The staff was very friendly especially the 2 guys at the front desk and the maid that i encountered on the 3rd flr on July 5 in the afternoon. They showed a willingness to assist me with whatever I might need. I WILL STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank skyla H
, Owner at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Valued guest - what a wonderful nice surprise. I was very encouraged by the kind words you offered from your recent stay. It brings great satisfaction to me when I know that the guests have had a pleasant stay. The individuals you interacted with were Brett, Bo, and Maria. I will make sure to let them know you appreciated their help during your visit. I will also pass on your comment about the hotel's cleanliness to our room inspectors. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grand Rapids.
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Bo and Brett were helpful in explaining the Clean the World program!
Their desire to help other people less fortunate was very obvious!

Heidi started our morning with a spotless breakfast area, her cheerfulness was infectious, and her customer service is a 5 out of 5!

The gentleman at the desk July 4th pm was awesome too!
Debbie, Gary, Bill, and Linda.

• Stayed July 2012
, Owner at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Friend - I was encouraged to hear about your interest in the Clean the World. We have been thrilled to participate in the outreach program. It is amazing how such a simple donation can truly change people's lives. I was also pleased to hear that Heidi, Bo, and Brett were helpful. They are all great people. We are lucky to have them on our staff. If we can provide you with any more information on how you can get involved with our service projects, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Thanks again for staying with us. Hope you and your family are staying cool this weekend. Take Care and hope to see you soon.