“Incompatible internet connection”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grandville
Boston, MA
“Incompatible internet connection”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for a week and the staff was great, My room wasn't bad other than stains in various areas of carpet. My biggest issue was the internet connection which wasn't compatible with my companies VPN. I work for a fortune 100 company and I travel all over and rarely have this problem. It cost me several hours of lost time trying to diagnose the problem with the company help desk and if I needed to work on the computer I had to drive 3 miles and sit outside starbucks. I asked someone at the desk and she said she didn't know anything about this. I stay at Marriotts all over the countrym if it is happening to me it is also happening to other business travelers. I wouldn't stay here again unless this was addressed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jscota
Andrew W, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review during your stay with us. I understand that the internet performance is vital when traveling. I apologize that our internet speed was lackluster and restricted you from performing at your best. I plan to have this discussion with our provider and get it alleviated soon. Thank you for staying with us.

With sincere apologies,
Andrew White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
michigan
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a nice location and the staff was pleasant and helpful however, the property needs some deep cleaning. We stay here two weeks. There was a RED string like thing stuck on the wall of the elevator. The arms of the chair in the dinning room needs some deep cleaning. The whole time of our stay we never seen someone cleaning the property.... Vacuuming, windows, dinning room tables and chairs, elevators, etc. dinner is serve Mon thru Thurs which is nice however, the food is just OK. Even the kitchen staff feel the food needs to be better quality. You can tell the lettuce, cheese, meat etc is cheap quality. The rooms are cleaner than the property however the beds and pillows need to be replaced. One of my pillow case slip that goes on before the pillow case had saliva stains all over it...so gross... This property could use a face lift or at less a deep dive clean. This location as you know is in Michigan but their pool is outside and doesn't open until June. Why would you have an out door pool in a northern state like Michigan. It would have been nice to enjoy the pool and hot tube. This property good be a five if they. Would take more pride in keeping the property and units cleaner. Take look at you around at the wall chairs carpet and you will see the need to do a better job of cleaning. But like I said staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kallie
Andrew W, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hello Kallie,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments in regards to the service you received, and will pass on the accolades - thank you!. However, I completely understand your frustrations of the hotel and what you noticed while you were here with us, and I do want to apologize for the inconveniences these things caused you. We are actually in the process of re-vamping our deep clean program so that we can offer the service you have come to expect from other Marriotts you have stayed with in the past. In the meanwhile, I have shared this constructive feedback with my staff, and we are working on getting this issues taken care of just as soon as possible.

I do also understand your view on the pool situation at our location, and if want to apologize to you if this is something that was miscommunicated during your reservation process. If there is anything else I can do to further assist you, feel free to contact me via email at awhite@fhginc.com.

Once again, thank you for the review. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Grandville area!

Kind Regards,
Andrew White
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Staff is very friendly and helpful, good value for our price, clean and quite. The only draw back was no indoor pool or hot tub. The breakfast food temperature was not hot, luck warm on the sausage gravy, and the waffle maker put more mix on the counter then in the maker.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ElizLv
ResInnGRWest, Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you had a great experience! I'm very sorry you were not pleased with some of the breakfast items. We will be sure to make our staff aware so that our breakfast is at it's highest quality. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our daughter attends GVSU and we decided to enjoy a visit with her. The hotel is located across the street from one of the big malls so there are endless options for food and fun. Our room was clean and comfortable. The fireplace was wonderful on the cold rainy night. Very nice sitting area for visiting. The bed was less comfortable than it looked and it was a bit noisy at night but overall a nice stay. We will stay here again on our next visit. The breakfast was hot and delicious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 48097
ResInnGRWest, Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Residence Inn Grand Rapids West! We appreciate your time and your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the location and the amenities at the hotel. We hope to see you again next time you visit the area!
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is in a great location and easy to find if you're using a GPS. If not, it helps if you know that 44th Street sort of branches off to join Rivertown Point.

I liked the hotel very much. The only thing that would help is if breakfast were available a little earlier in the morning (I think it's ready at 6:30 AM and I needed to leave at 6).

My overall suggestion to all Residence Inns is that it would be great if Marriott added grab and go salads or sandwiches for travelers checking in on Sunday nights.

Room Tip: You'll have a nice-size kitchen and can bring groceries with you.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank professordoctormom
ResInnGRWest, Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Residence Inn Grand Rapids-West! We appreciate your feedback and great comments. Being just off the main road, GPS is always helpful. We're also more than happy to offer directions by phone anytime someone calls. Sunday nights there are fewer open food options available outside the hotel, so we're always looking to find things guests want in our 24 hour Market! Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We recently were caught in a huge snowstorm that closed the highways in Indiana on our way home to Chicago. The roads were so bad we pulled over and found this hotel with our GPS. From the moment we walked in to the time we checked our 2 days later, everyone at this hotel went above and beyond to make all 8 of us feel welcome. The rooms were amazingly clean - very updated. The bed was comfortable and all the luxuries of home were there. The 2 bedroom suite even had a fireplace! We "camped" in the lobby a good portion of the next day so we could all be together since we really couldn't leave. I worked on my laptop while the family talked, played games that the front desk provided, watched TV and just relaxed. The ladies who worked the breakfast and dinner meals were so friendly and helpful. We just enjoyed talking with them. It was great to have dinner provided as the roads were too bad to go out. We ordered Jimmy John's in for lunch - they were the only ones delivering that day. If you are ever in this area and are looking for a welcoming comfortable clean place to stay - this is the one! (We found out when the weather cleared we literally were 5 minutes from the shopping mall. Maybe next time. )

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel here in Grandville! We're very happy to hear you enjoyed yourself while you were snowed in. The lake effect can bring in some nasty storms, but we always try to make everyone feel at home. Next time you're in the area we hope to see you again, perhaps for some shopping at the mall too!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I love the fresh scent of the bed linens! I can count on a good nights sleep on the super comfy beds. The staff, as always, go the extra mile to make their guests welcome. A warm and friendly haven in the midst of the Arctic Vortex.

• Stayed December 2013
ResInnGRWest, Manager at Residence Inn Grand Rapids West, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! The Marriott beds are always hard to get out of! Thankfully the Arctic Blast has passed for now, but in Michigan you never know what's coming next. Thank you again for your time commenting on your stay, have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Comfort Suites
#4 of 4 in Grandville
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown

Been to Residence Inn Grand Rapids West? Share your experiences!