“Wonderful B&B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Grandville B&B and Inns
Livonia, MI
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed 27 August 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at Prairieside Suites and we really enjoyed it. We stayed in the English Cottage and it was very nice. The bed was super comfortable, the room was decorated nicely and there were many extra ammenties. We enjoyed the hot chocolate and the brownies in our room. Paul showed us our the B&B and to our room and he was very friendly and welcoming. We had a very relaxing time at the B&B and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The wife and I have traveled to exotic places like Hawaii, etc. However, there is just something a wonderful B&B can offer that a beach vacation just can't. The bed was unbelievable, and was one of the best nights rest that I've gotten in years. There were homemade baked goods and homemade hot chocolate ready for us to enjoy, not to mention the home made soaps that adorn the bathroom and the hot tub in the Tuscan Villa. Everyone was extremely friendly, was ready to answer questions, but there was an information guide and everything was explained in the room. There was no confusion, no frustration, and you felt warm and invited. I met the owner and the Domestic Goddess Cindy, and they were very welcoming and friendly people. We were sad to leave, but we will be back. Of all the places I recommend for a romantic getaway, you can find it at Prairieside Suites in Grandville, MI. It is no wonder that it was voted #3 in North America, and I think they're on their way to number 1.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary at Praireside Suites. We were so impresssed by everything about this wonderful home. It was so nice to wake up every morning to a delicious breakfast, swim in the refreshing cozy pool and venture out for the day to the west to the wonderful tourist locations on Lake Michigan. Thanks for the memories!

Tammy and Michael Camp
Oxford, MI

Allegan, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I had the chance to get away for a couple of days after working a long holiday weekend (Forth of July). The Tuscan Villa was beautiful! The bed was so comfy and the room was HUGE. I loved having an outside entrance to the room. The property is beautiful and there are so many things to do just on site! I'm a shopper so the location to the mall and all of the other things right in Grandville was perfect for me! It really did feel like home away from home. Everyone was so friendly and happy to have me I didn't want to leave!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
mason
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Can't recommend this place enough. Very relaxing and quiet. We stayed in the Spanish Hacienda room. Very quiet room and had everything. The staff was great, the food was awesome and we can't wait to go back!

Flint
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My girlfriend and I just spent a night in the new hacienda suite. It was very enjoyable and we would definitely recommend this B & B to our friends. The suite is beautifully decorated with such extras as a heated towel rack, heated mirror, heated bathroom floor and yes, a heated toilet seat. Wow!

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I selected Prairieside for a two night trip with my 12 year old daughter. She was going to a 2 1/2 day intensive athletic camp and I felt that a B&B would be more restful than a hotel. Overall, Praireside met my expectations and the descriptions on their web site were accurate. The owners are very nice and accommodated more than one of our schedule changes. When we arrived, I was a bit surprised to see that Praireside is in a residential neighborhood. However, the owners have done an excellent job of providing off street parking and other guest amenities without being disruptive to the neighborhood. One thing I really liked about our room, the English Cottage, was that it had an outside door as well as a door to the inside main part of the house. This made it easy to come and go as we pleased, as well as pop into the kitchen for cookies! The heated toilet seat was my daughter's favorite. Their massage therapist Donna is wonderful. Our room was filled with many thoughtful incidentals that most B&Bs and hotels never think to provide. The office area in our room was well-stocked and nice.

The one disappointment was that breakfast is only served at 9:30am, which is rather late for people with places to go. A decent breakfast was left for us in the room refrigerator, but it was not nearly as nice as the hot breakfast they served the other guests. However, if people primarily stay here for rest and relaxation, then a 9:30am breakfast probably suits most of their guests.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 4 in Grandville
Residence Inn Grand Rapids West

Been to Prairieside Suites? Share your experiences!