“Always a cut above”

Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Always a cut above”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

If you love eating simply great food, try CB. In west michigan almost every local restaurant has virtually the same menu. I like to get out of the same old, same old and CB has so many options, I can always satiate my cravings. One of my favorite places to eat for the money.

Visited June 2014

“Stay away”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Went there april 5 against my better judgement, had to wait for hostese to finally show up, about 5:15pm, just ahead of the crowd, had 6 people to sit, saw big table was empty just needed to be cleaned, people started showing up, hostese after seating ten guest after us 2 at a time, I asked hostese when do we get to sit at table, she gave me dirty look, seated 4 more people, at that point I told her were seating ourselves, went to table started cleaning it ourselves, I wanted to scream at the stupid hostese, but family was hungry so we stayed, young blonde hostese sucks, and doesn't have a ounce of common sense, not going back,

• Visited April 2014
Grandville, Michigan
“Decent meals, excellent biscuits”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Cracker Barrel is a chain of southern-styled restaurants that is also a store for old-fashioned themed gifts, toys and candies. The menu is fairly large, with hearty breakfast fare and plenty of lunch and dinner items. My family likes the biscuits with blackberry jam, their cheesy grits and the huge pancakes. Most meals come with 2 or 3 sides, with real mashed potatoes, turnip greens, green beans and sweet potato casserole being our favorites. Daily specials, good desserts, great service....always a good meal for a decent price. Nice family atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
“Same old, same old.”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Breakfast for lunch? Not a great idea here. The food seemed as though it had been cooked hours ago and warmed up. Bacon was very poor quality and toast was not done to order. Cracker Barrel needs to change with the times and offer fresher, healthier food choices.

Visited January 2014
Byron Center
“Thanksgiving Dinner!”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We thought we would try this restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner as our children were out of town with their other set of parents. We joined 2 other couples and arrived at the restaurant around 11:00 a.m. We were seated right away and had a great Thanksgiving dinner for a very fair price. We left around12:30 as people were waiting for our table. The place was Packed at that time and hardly any room to pay for my check or to shop. It was a zoo to say the least. However great food at a low price! Great Value!

Visited November 2013