“Mmmmm”
Review of Royal Dutch Bakery

Royal Dutch Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Grandville
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I grew up in Grandville and took this bakery for granted. Now I live in Florida and I have not found any bakery that can even come close the goodies from Royal Dutch Bakery. When I come back to West Michigan to see family, the visit is not complete without a stop for my favorites - pecan rings and banket!

4  Thank amy64jones

Reviewed 11 June 2012

As others have already pointed out, this is specifically a walk up bakery, but it is one of the best there is. The bread is great, the doughnuts are really great, the cakes are great, the rolls are great, the cookies are great. You get the idea. I particularly recommend the chocolate covered custard filled doughnuts. Those things are great.

3  Thank MrBMG
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Nothing that tastes this good can be good for you but it's worth the occasional transgression. I'm referring to the rather extensive selection of doughnuts and breakfast patries that we sampled. All were excellent, the cinamon rolls, hotcross buns and pecan rolls among the best I've ever had.

2  Thank OzZeeland
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We've been going to Steenstra's Royal Dutch Bakery for years. Its a walk up bakery, not a restaurant. They only accept cash or personal checks, no credit cards. The fresh bread is wonderful, they bake different kinds each day. Our favorites are the Friday Cinnamon bread, and the bread ends. No place else can top the hamburger and hot dog buns. Occasionally they will have day old baked goods at marked down prices, but get there early. We have also gotten special event decorated cakes, which we've been happy with. They need to be ordered in advance. The owners are good to deal with-long time employee's Betty & Jane are always helpful and friendly.

2  Thank doggy1
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Every time I've been here this bakery has been busy. Run by several generations of a local family with a Dutch heritage, their butterflake dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls are wonderful and are known throughout the Grand Rapids area. They also carry seasonal treats like banket and krakelingen during the winter holidays. Worthy of a trip into Grandville to get some goodies for the family!

4  Thank theoccasionaltourist