“If you'd like poor customer service and an over priced hotel, stay here.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Grandville
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I spend over 3/4 of the year in hotels away on business and I have to say, this was a horrible hotel. I understand the holiday hustle and bustle and construction, but this hotel has certainly gone down hill since my last visit. Upon checking in, which was after midnight, I was greeted by a very rude night staffer, who apparently seemed to busy on his computer to notice anything else. I seemed to have been an interruption, as I was treated with short, Kurt answers. Very poor customer service. Personally, I would limit the amount of personal business your associates should be allowed on company time. Upon checking into my room, I notified your clerk that I needed a wake up call the next morning. Polite and stern but at least capable of completing a small task. The rooms were nice, basic all in all. Hotel is located right next to Walmart, which is under construction. Loud and horrible parking but hotel not at fault. Breakfast had options but staff was incredibly rude and basically "its not my job" attitude. As a guest, paying for your services, I find it annoying and rather rude of your staff answering cell phones and texting in the presence of guests. It's a major distraction and a horrible experience at 6:30am listening to a phone ping every five seconds while trying to enjoy my breakfast. Like previously stated, limit your employees time on the job and personal distractions and you'd be an overall great place to stay. On a positive ending, I have to say kuddos to Carol, who replaced the night staffer. I expressed my displeasure with customer service and she truly went above the normal to end my stay on a positive note.

• Stayed: November 2013
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Sargeantmichalw......

Again, let me personally apologize for the treatment that you received during your recent visit. I have taken steps to prevent this problem, in the future. I have outlawed all personal computers and cell phones from the front desk area.. If they were using the company computer, then they will be reprimanded with a write up.

And as far as Walmart goes, I will be so happy when they have completed there remodel. I think City officials should be a little more concerned when issuing a license for construction in an area where there is a hotel, especially limiting hours for heavy construction noise.

I hope this will not detour you from staying here again as you are important to us and we appreciate you.

Have a great holiday and thanks for the nice words.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed here many times, but only twice in the last couple of years. I had come to expect a very comfortable, clean and well-supplied hotel, but that was not the case on my latest trip. I found the tub drain ran so slow I was ankle deep in water before I finished my shower, the in-room coffee was not replaced after the first day, the soft drink machine at the end of the hallway I was on has a note on it stating the compressor was broken and the drinks were available, but not cooled...at the same price. It was stated it was the vendors fault, but it was in the hotel. Why not just turn it off? The first door I went to did not have an operating card key slot but no sign saying it did not work. At breakfast the first morning I was there, there was no regular coffee and in the three or four minutes I was in the breakfast room, no attendant was there to refill the carafe. All in all, the hotel, as good as it was, has really fallen from what it was.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OrangeBird
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear OrangeBird,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent stay at the hotel. Believe me, it is not what I really want to hear because I expect more from the staff and maintenance department. The problem is, sometimes we don't know about problems unless the guest tells us and preferably, while they are here so that we can fix the problems to their satisfaction. However, the pop machine was not my choice.....I wanted it put "out of order" and PepsiCo insisted that I just place a note regarding the situation. I'm sorry that it upset you.

Perhaps some day, in the future, you will give us another chance.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Love this Comfort Suite! Very Clean, Great Beds and Pillows were Amazing!! The best part of the stay was the Staff they go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcomed! Minesh Patey he was very kind and even let me purchase one of the pillows! Everyone has great personalities and I will stay there every time I go! Beautiful pool and hot tub! Great price for all the comfort you get!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Nan162013,

Thank you soooooo much for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself as we do try to make each and every guest happy with their stay. I agree, the pillows are fantastic.

I hope that we will be able to take care of you again, in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me and my wife were in the area for a concert in Hudsonville, MI. The Comfort Suites was easy to find and surrounded by lots of places to eat. The from was clean and we were pleased with the size of the room. A king size bed and an area with a couch. The breakfast that was supplied was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Dave K and wife,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Grandville. I think I remember checking you in and you were excited to be here for the concert. I will assume that you enjoyed it. I agree, but then I might be prejudice, this is a great area with lots of restaurants, the mall, etc. I'm glad that we made you visit a pleasant one.

Hope that when you come back to this area, you will once again stay with us at the Comfort Suites-Grandville.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed for one short night on GVSU rate which was significantly cheaper than Holiday Inn Express about a mile away - and rate was decision point for me between the two hotels. Hotel was clean, double room had fridge and microwave, standard bathroom facilities with sink/hairdryer outside of shower/toilet area. I found beds to be lower than most and mattress seemed dated and in need of replacement. I slept, but could have been more comfortable. Staff was friendly. Breakfast choices included hot/cold options - eggs, meat, oatmeal, toast/pastry, cereal, yogurt, fruit. It was just okay. If looking to stay right away - NOTE: Kenowa road has construction directly south of hotel and street was closed to through traffic. Walmart is in back of this hotel and drive is shared. There are major renovations occurring at the Walmart as well and construction could be heard from our room in back of hotel beginning at 6:30am on a Saturday. I awoke, but my kids slept through it. Ask for room in front and maybe you can avoid it?

Room Tip: If Walmart still doing renovations, ask for room in front of hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear AFM33
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites-Grandville. It does sound like, for the most part, that you were happy with your stay. I can relate to you when you speak of the renovations to the Walmart store. I have to apologize for the noise and wish there was something that we could do but alas, until they are through with the improvements being done, we are hoping that they soon quiet down, especially during the evening/early morning hours. The noise goes in spurts, depending on what they are doing.....so please bear with us and yes, ask for a room on the front of the hotel. If we have that availability we will gladly accommodate you.

Thank you again, and I hope that you will stay with us again, in the near future

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Arriving late on a friday night, the Comfort Suites in Grandville was conveniently located for my job the next morning. The girl at the desk was very friendly and helpful in directing me towards the mall and a few restaurants that would still be open.
The King suite was spacious and pretty well laid out, with a nice work area to set-up the laptop. Everything was very clean, but the property is showing its age (I did notice some new countertops sitting outside the next morning, suggesting a remodeling is about to start).
The pool and fitness room both looked very nice, but with the late arrival and early departure, I didn't use either.
Breakfast was probably the only disappointing part of the stay, with very limited options and a room that got very crowded, very quickly. Coffee was excellent, however.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Otowner

Thank you for your kind words and overview of our hotel. It always helps us to find out how people view our hotel from their perspective. I am glad that you found most of our presentation to your liking and you are correct, we are going to be installing that beautiful granite counters in the rooms along with several other fixes.

I am sorry that the breakfast was crowded the morning you were here. Maybe next time it will be a little more inviting and thank you for liking our coffee.

Come back and see us soon.

Thanks you

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites while we were visiting Grand Rapids. The hotel is in a good location as it only took us 15 minutes to get to downtown Grand Rapids. Walmart is within walking distance and many restaurants are less than 5 minutes drive. The rooms are good sized providing a sofa and chair for sitting and a refrigerator and microwave. The rooms were also clean. Breakfast is standard fare for a Comfort Inn. Pool and hot tub were nice. Service was great!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelGrandma10

It sounds like you do your fair share of traveling so you are familiar with how a hotel should make you feel comfortable. It sounds like we did our fair share of helping you enjoy your stay. We value guests such as yourself and hope that you will return soon to the area.

Thank you again for all of your kind words.

Sincerely
Carole Krzeminski

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Rodeway Inn
Quality Inn Hudsonville
Quality Inn Hudsonville
#1 of 2 in Hudsonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!