“Overpriced, over rated” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Grandville
Michigan
“Overpriced, over rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is poor at best. I stay in hotels about 50 nights per year and this is one of the worst. The room was marginally clean. There was no bath mat provided in the room. The curtains were torn. Housekeeping failed to replace an empty tissue box. Used linens form the sofa beed were not removed. The common areas are dirty. The elevator floor is filthy. The breakfast provided is marginal at best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Sleeping Bear

My entire staff and management personnel do heartily apologize. We hope that in the future you will return and stay with us once more so that you will see some ot the changes we have instituted to prevent these problems.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Belding, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our stay was perfect! We were in GR for a doctors apt and decided to make a night of it. It is right near Rivertown Mall and all the great food and entertainment near that! After our day out at the mall and cinema we came back to the hotel where they have adult only swimming from 10 - midnight! We enjoyed a nice relaxing dip in the hot tub and pool!! The room was comfortable and had all the necessities! We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear themommaiam

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites-Grandville. I would like to thank you personally for the kind words and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again
Dorr, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I recently spent nights here many times. Thank you to Carol and her staff for being so accommodating. We love the new decor and the new bedding is very nice. We always love the breakfast and the snacks in the evening. Will be back soon with our granddaughters. :-)

Room Tip: The renovations at WalMart will be done by March 5, there is no more work being done during the over...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Rozinmi
Thank you so much for the glowing remarks about me and my staff. We do try to go out of our way to accommodate our guests. And yes, we are so pleased to have new carpeting, bedding, granite counters and soon to be window treatments.

Next time you stay with us, please introduce yourself.....would like to personally say "thanks".

Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

New carpeting and floors throughout, room was big with micro and fridge. Great breakfast with eggs, Canadian bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals fruits, etc. Front desk was friendly and chatted us up. Nice LG flat screen to watch football on. Good shower. Only gripe was sound of snow plows in parking lot at 5:30 (but we did appreciate the plowed lot when we left). And, though it is right off the highway and right on the road, the Wal Mart sign in front of it makes it a bit confusing. We stayed here to visit GVSU the next day. It is an easy 20 minutes away. Though worth and would stay here again, would stay somewhere closer if we could find a different option for under $89. Did not experience what previous reviewer did.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear RunJoeRun1

Thank you so much for your glowing review of the hotel. Yes, we are excited about the improvements that we are making to make your stay more comfortable. Sorry about the snow plow......darn snow!!!!

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I spend over 3/4 of the year in hotels away on business and I have to say, this was a horrible hotel. I understand the holiday hustle and bustle and construction, but this hotel has certainly gone down hill since my last visit. Upon checking in, which was after midnight, I was greeted by a very rude night staffer, who apparently seemed to busy on his computer to notice anything else. I seemed to have been an interruption, as I was treated with short, Kurt answers. Very poor customer service. Personally, I would limit the amount of personal business your associates should be allowed on company time. Upon checking into my room, I notified your clerk that I needed a wake up call the next morning. Polite and stern but at least capable of completing a small task. The rooms were nice, basic all in all. Hotel is located right next to Walmart, which is under construction. Loud and horrible parking but hotel not at fault. Breakfast had options but staff was incredibly rude and basically "its not my job" attitude. As a guest, paying for your services, I find it annoying and rather rude of your staff answering cell phones and texting in the presence of guests. It's a major distraction and a horrible experience at 6:30am listening to a phone ping every five seconds while trying to enjoy my breakfast. Like previously stated, limit your employees time on the job and personal distractions and you'd be an overall great place to stay. On a positive ending, I have to say kuddos to Carol, who replaced the night staffer. I expressed my displeasure with customer service and she truly went above the normal to end my stay on a positive note.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Sargeantmichalw......

Again, let me personally apologize for the treatment that you received during your recent visit. I have taken steps to prevent this problem, in the future. I have outlawed all personal computers and cell phones from the front desk area.. If they were using the company computer, then they will be reprimanded with a write up.

And as far as Walmart goes, I will be so happy when they have completed there remodel. I think City officials should be a little more concerned when issuing a license for construction in an area where there is a hotel, especially limiting hours for heavy construction noise.

I hope this will not detour you from staying here again as you are important to us and we appreciate you.

Have a great holiday and thanks for the nice words.

Nashville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed here many times, but only twice in the last couple of years. I had come to expect a very comfortable, clean and well-supplied hotel, but that was not the case on my latest trip. I found the tub drain ran so slow I was ankle deep in water before I finished my shower, the in-room coffee was not replaced after the first day, the soft drink machine at the end of the hallway I was on has a note on it stating the compressor was broken and the drinks were available, but not cooled...at the same price. It was stated it was the vendors fault, but it was in the hotel. Why not just turn it off? The first door I went to did not have an operating card key slot but no sign saying it did not work. At breakfast the first morning I was there, there was no regular coffee and in the three or four minutes I was in the breakfast room, no attendant was there to refill the carafe. All in all, the hotel, as good as it was, has really fallen from what it was.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OrangeBird
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear OrangeBird,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent stay at the hotel. Believe me, it is not what I really want to hear because I expect more from the staff and maintenance department. The problem is, sometimes we don't know about problems unless the guest tells us and preferably, while they are here so that we can fix the problems to their satisfaction. However, the pop machine was not my choice.....I wanted it put "out of order" and PepsiCo insisted that I just place a note regarding the situation. I'm sorry that it upset you.

Perhaps some day, in the future, you will give us another chance.

Thank you again.

Manistee, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Love this Comfort Suite! Very Clean, Great Beds and Pillows were Amazing!! The best part of the stay was the Staff they go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcomed! Minesh Patey he was very kind and even let me purchase one of the pillows! Everyone has great personalities and I will stay there every time I go! Beautiful pool and hot tub! Great price for all the comfort you get!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole K, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Nan162013,

Thank you soooooo much for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself as we do try to make each and every guest happy with their stay. I agree, the pillows are fantastic.

I hope that we will be able to take care of you again, in the near future.

Carole Krzeminski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandville
Grandvillage Inn
#12 of 49 in Grand Rapids
Quality Inn Hudsonville
Quality Inn Hudsonville
#1 of 2 in Hudsonville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!