“A great place to stay!”

Woodland Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Grayling
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a fantastic place!! My daughter and I spent one night here and will be back! Diane was the kindest person and went out of her way for our stay, including building a fire at one of the fire pits (we did not have a fire, but the fact they offer this is amazing!). The rooms are VERY clean, the prices are very good, and they are very family and pet friendly! This is a rustic hotel with great people, fair prices, and very clean rooms!! I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WoodlandMotorLodge, Owner at Woodland Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your nice comments. By the way, your dog was beautiful.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Traverse City. Friendly family staff, clean and spacious room. You can tell the owners take pride in their establishment. My husband and I enjoyed our stay! We will return next time we are in the area. The price was a great value. Comfortable, homey atmosphere. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Michaelandtonya

"You can tell the owners take pride in their establishment."
Thank you for that observation. My husband Rob and I have owned the Woodland Motor Lodge for 12 years now and we try hard to make this small "Mom and Pop" a place where you feel like it is your home. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a second time our wooden canoe group got together to paddle down the river and stay with Woodland Motor Lodge. We had about 20 people in our group. Everyone stayed here. We had a bon-fire both Friday and Saturday nights and Woodland Motor Lodge provided the wood as well as chairs and fire pit. We also used their out door BBQ grill for our Saturday dinner. There were many mosquitoes, but they sprayed and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable. The accommodations are not 5 star, but they are very quiet and very clean. I would recommend them to anyone travelling through Grayling, MI.

Room Tip: I am not sure any room is bad. If you have a big group, there is a 2 bedroom home that is also avai...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A nice Mom and Pop operation in the woods north of Grayling. Absolutely clean, rooms in the back are very quiet. Nice little nature trail behind. The Grayling Bicycle (walking, jogging, running) Turnpike is just across the road. Great flat, paved path from just north of Grayling to Hartwick Pines.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the back building
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days on a fishing trip. Diane & Rob were extremely friendly and helpful. They assisted me to find a church as well as a fishing guide. The room was very clean & nice and the motel is located in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We spent the last weekend of July '13 here and couldn't have been happier. How many motels offer firepits (free firewood) and a brick grill for cooking? Quiet, off the highway, with clean rooms, coffee, fridge, and extra pillows if you ask. The fact that it is not new adds to the rustic atmosphere, but every effort is made to give you 21st century cleanliness. We have already reserved the same room for next year. As an aside, I accidently left my checkbook and two shirts there when we checked out on Monday. The owners had all three in the mail that afternoon. We will be back.

Room Tip: No swimming pool but I had to check it to continue. You can ask for evening or morning sun on you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed for the weekend. The room was clean, spacious and very nice. Bed was great, not too soft or too hard, pillows were comfortable. Very quiet and peaceful for sleep. Had bonfires both nights, was very nice. We stayed in the back part, we are looking forward to staying again. Like the way that the rooms are set up, can park right in front of the door, and like the screen doors!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayling
Super 8 Grayling
Holiday Inn Express Gaylord
Days Inn Grayling
Days Inn Grayling
#1 of 9 in Grayling

Been to Woodland Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!