“A wonderful and relaxing house of beautiful historically accurate character.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanson House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grayling
Hanson House
Ranked #2 of 5 Grayling B&B and Inns
“A wonderful and relaxing house of beautiful historically accurate character.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night when picking up my kids from a camp on Higgins Lake. The owners were SO friendly and courteous, I felt like I was such a special guest. The room was beautiful and the breakfast outstanding! They even made accommodations for dairy and MSG free. It was my first B&B stay and I'm so very glad I stayed there. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Kayak709

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Royal Oak, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2006

This was a real treat for my fiancée and I. We chose this B & B as a retreat from the more crowded quarters of my family’s summer cabin on the Au Sable. Perhaps just luck, but we were the only guests there for our two night stay over the 4th of July Holiday. We didn’t mind the extra special attention. The regular proprietors were off at the time, but their replacements (I am sorry to have forgotten their names) were gracious in every way. The décor was appealingly old-timey. Quilts and knick-knacks adorn just about everything, though it is all artfully done. Our second floor room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was fantastic. Fresh coffee, home baked breads, and a dish of chilled watermelon welcomed us both mornings in the dining room. Main dishes included a sweet strawberry crepe on day one, and a savory southwestern crepe on day two. Calm background music on the stereo was a nice touch. This is a true Grayling gem and we will be back.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Sigismund
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2002

Hanson House Bed and Breakfast is an authentic, 1860's Victorian in pristine condition. It was built by a Swedish lumber baron, and the detailing is just fantastic, right down to the brass hinges on the doors! Breakfast is delicious, and hosts Jill and Dave Wyman could not be more welcoming. Lots to do in and around Graying, including canoeing down the AuSable River. Their web site has pictures of some of the rooms.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayling
Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center
Borchers Au Sable Bed and Breakfast
Woodland Motor Lodge
Woodland Motor Lodge
#3 of 9 in Grayling

Been to Hanson House? Share your experiences!