“Overall property was dated however the staff in both the...”

Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Grayling
Reviewed 9 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Isabelle G
Don R, General Manager at Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Worst customer service. Booked through Travelocity, checked in and they did not give us the room I had confirmed. Called front desk and they told me it was not their problem. Called travelocity, they spoke with manager he also refused to honor the reservation. Hotel door is to the parking lot, purposely booked a inside room. Such poor customer service. Travelocity was very accommodating and found and paid for another hotel. This is a recommended hotel by the camp my daughter attends every year. I will be requesting this hotel is removed!!!!!

Stayed: August 2014

I am sorry that your stay wasn't as you had hoped. As we explained to you, Expedia booked you into an outside room. Their information was incorrected. The hotel was unable to change your room, since all poolside kings were sold and their was NO rooms available in the hotel at all. We were sold out. When I tried to correct it months ago I was told by Expedia to go though my network and fill out an update form and wait for Expedia to update. This was done on 6/30. However, Expedia had not updated their information at the time you made your reservation with them. When I called Expedia that night, they updated their information this time at once, do to the repeat issue. Expedia did not pay for the room at the new location, this hotel refunded Expedia the cost of the room you had booked with us. Sometimes the informatin available online is not correct. It is always go to check your facts with the hotel directly, no matter where you are staying.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently had to spend a night here when my car broke down on I-75. The car had to be towed, so we had to bring all our luggage with us. The hotel is probably the length of a football field. I had my daughter and granddaughter with me, so we had lots to carry....Play 'n Pack, diaper bag, stroller, plus our own belongings.

I was disappointed that there were no automatic doors, not even one elevator and the back doors to the parking lot, near where our room was, were locked from the outside, so when we loaded up the car, I had to drag all our stuff to the front of the hotel.

I asked why there was at least, no elevator. I was told the hotel was built before they were required. We were on the second floor, by the way. There should be some regulation that forces them to bring this place up to code. I don't see how they pass inspection, if any are done.

Two handicapped parking spaces do NOT make this place handicapped accessible. Putting people with physical challenges on the first floor does not address no automatic doors (back door locked from the outside) which is a parking area, the length of the hall (although I realize nothing can be done about that) and not even one elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, if possible, near the front door. Be prepared to walk if you'...
1  Thank minuit97
Don R, Owner at Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

I am sorry for the issues that you had while you stayed with us. I would like to address a few of them however.
First we do not have an elevator as you stated. However we have over 70 rooms on the lower floor that do not require an elevator. These rooms are the newer rooms and a little higher in price. The front desk staff does inform anyone making a reservation via the hotel direct of this concern, Many guest choose the second floor because of the lower rate.
The outside doors are locked for security reasons. You can open these doors with your room key. I am sorry that the information provided at the front desk was unclear as to how to open these doors.
Finally, there is at least 8 handicapped parking spaces on this property. Two are available at each of the main enterences into the hotel building.
Again I am sorry that several of this issues were not addressed after you choose the second floor room.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Average room, average breakfast. It was clean, although the smell of chlorine from the pool area was a negative as it permeated through the hallways

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Don R, General Manager at Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

With the pool in the open area and such a large area, sometimes when the pool in treated to keep it up to standards, the resulting odor does linger for awhile in the hallways. Usually it does not last tooo long. I hope you will stay with us once more.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is state of the art...if this was 1980.

The front desk staff was friendly and the room was clean. The mattress appeared newer as well. Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel hasn't seen an upgrade in quite some time. I came here as a kid in the 1980's and aside from the newer mattress, I don't think they've updated anything. It looks the same as when I came here in the 80's. The fence surrounding the pool area is in need of repair and a paint job. The pool itself was cloudy and dirty. The continental breakfast was very poor quality with very few options and the dining area was a lot like the rest of the hotel, in need of a makeover. Also, in a room with two queen beds, I can't for the life of me figure out why they only supply two towels. When I called the front desk to get towels for my kids, she said I had to come get them myself. I want to be clear, the front desk staff was polite at all times; however, I feel that management/ownership is too cheap to bring in additional help or spend the additional money to truly take this place to the next level. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry that you felt that the hotel hasn't changed since your last visit. I have seen many things change in the time I have been employed here. The walls in the rooms, the furniture in the rooms, the curtains in the rooms. Yes many of the common area have not seen the extra changes, that is because we have focused on the guest room. The issues that you mentioned on changes that have been scheduled for the near furture. I thank you for your remember however.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Don R, General Manager at Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayling
Super 8 Grayling
22 mi away
Super 8 Houghton Lake
Super 8 Houghton Lake
#1 of 15 in Houghton Lake

Been to Ramada Grayling Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!