“tiger Moth Flight”

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“tiger Moth Flight”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Friendly welcome on arrival. Pilot briefing was succinct and easily comprehensible. Hands on experience at the controls was an unexpected bonus to an unforgettable flight.

Visited July 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

xmas present for my husband, flying a Tiger Moth plane, lovely welcome, Steve had a great time flying the tiger moth for half a hour a great experience, very friendly staff & pilot Chris was great. so good we going to do it for Steve's dad this xmas.

Stockport, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It was a birthday gift and took 18 months to finally fly, but well worth the wait. Glorious day when we arrived at the airfield so visibility was perfect. I had the ten minute flight and enjoyed it enormously. The aircraft was immaculate being a 1939 de Havilland Tiger Moth. Taking the controls for a few moments I couldn't believe how sensitive it was. I would have liked a longer flight.
The instructor was very calm and what a great job he has. I'm now planning to have flying lessons so my wife can blame Chris for the likely expenditure!
Thoroughly recommended so give it a try but beware you may become hooked!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank silverdale15
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect day- lovely flight.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I enjoyed a great flight in an aircraft only marginally younger than myself, being built in 1939.
My son had bought me the flight for Christmas and it was certainly worth the wait.
If I go again, I would probably opt for the one of the longer flights as it was all over too soon at about 12 minutes.
Nevertheless, when Chris, the pilot allowed me to take the controls, it made my day.
Thank you Blue Eye, and I will recommend you to all my friends.

George D.

1 Thank GeorgeDunc
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Stuff! - Much Better than British Airways!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A fantastic 70 th Birthday Present, very well organised, friendly staff.
The grass airfield setting was just right for World War 2 Tiger Moth, blue skies and "Tallyho" we were away . Chris, the pilot , was super calm and reassuring , even when he suggested that I should take control for a while - brave man!
Ground staff were welcoming and informative - good to chat to while while the pilot kicked the tyres before take-off (no, not really!)

1 Thank Malcolm L