“Spa Day was a Bummer”
Review of Boyne Highlands

Boyne Highlands
More attraction details
Owner description: The resort features one of the longest ski run sin the lower peninsula of Michigan at over a mile long and the most skiable acres. Boyne Highlands is the perfect place to spend your vacation with so many additional activities such as dog sledding and horseback riding. Boyne Highlands offers great four-season activities, which means you can enjoy the fun and excitement of the Petoskey area all year long!
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I wanted to spend my birthday at the Spa. Yoga was canceled due to bad weather. So I had and extra hour. The pool and sauna was a joint one to share with the hotel. That wasn't very relaxing. I shared the pool with kids who were splashing . My main complaint…… THERE WERE NO LOCKER ROOMS!!! I had to carry my clean clothes and toiletries with me all day. That wasn't relaxing. All ladies were not in robes which made it uncomfortable to walk around in one. That wasn't relaxing. Even for the bathrooms, you had to walk into a common area for the rest of the hotel. I have been to the other Boyne Spas and they are awesome. This one needs more thought. I would never go back again.

All reviews
"friendly staff"
"top notch"
"something for everyone"

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed in the main lodge of the resort with a group of friends, and we had a great time! The skiing was awesome on the weekend we went - it had snowed like crazy the day before and the trails were nearly perfect. There is a great variety of slopes - we skiied blues and greens for three days and never got bored. The restaurants within the main lodge were both overly crowded, which was frustrating after a long day skiing, and with all of the snow we didn't want to drive far to eat. There are several reviews on here about poor service and lack of space, so I hope they are planning to build another restaurant/bar! I have no complaints about the skiing though - the lifts were quick and the slopes weren't at all crowded. There are a couple of longer runs, which was a nice surprise compared to southern Michigan/Ohio skiing. I can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I spent a weekend at Boyne in January 2014. Conditions could not have been better. This year has offered a great deal of snow which made a big difference. Over the weekend the area received about 16” of fresh snow. The trails were great and lifts were fast. This is the first time I have skied Boyne and for a Saturday and Sunday, the place was nearly empty. Perhaps this is not the normal weekend with all the snow and single digit high temps, but it was excellent for us.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I spent the three day Martin Luther King Holiday weekend skiing the three ski parks in Petoskey. This was a family guys trip, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express (good, centrally located place to to stay). I rented a ski perfomance package from Bahnhof Sport that included skis, polls, boots and helment (inexpensive, great place to rent from -very frientdly and easy). We had a great time. All three ski hills (Boyne Highlands, Nubs Nob, Boyne Mountain) offer a differenct experience and all of them had exceptionally friendly staff who went out of there way to be helpful. Yes, these are hills so don't expect the vertical drop you get out west but also don't think the runs will be boring - I'm an intermediate skier and found all the challenge I needed. Maybe a small thing to most but I eat a plant perfect diet and I was impressed with the vegan lunch room options that each resort offered. Many skiing highlights but most notable was the the night skiing at Nubs Nob - BY FAR the best night skiing experience I ever had - well lit trails fully groomed and small crowd. This was my first trip to the Petoskey area and I plan on going back.