“Amazing Sandwiches”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing Sandwiches”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

First of all, I have to say that this is not really a restaurant. If you already read the other reviews you know that it is really a liquor store. We walked up to the counter hesitant at about 4:00P.M. after a drive through the tunnel of trees. we tried to place orders for several sandwiches, which they were out of. I don't know if they get new supplies daily, but be prepared to order an alternative to your 1st and 2nd choices OR what I did was ask what they have left. I had an amazing sandwich on wheat bread. Very good deli roast beef and my sandwich was loaded with meat. Often when I have gotten sandwiches at other places they skimp on the meat. Not here! I don't remember what my husband had, but he was happy , too. Be aware though, they do NOT have tomatoes or sprouts for your sandwich. I got pickles on mine. If you must have tomato or sprouts, try to pick up at Pond Hill Farm if you are coming from the Tunnel of Trees.

• Visited September 2013

Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,389 helpful votes
“Get a great sandwich here...”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our first stop in Harbor Springs, the liquor store! LOL. A fellow TA member advised me to get a sandwich here. It was a great place to grab a sandwich for a picnic. They make their own bread and it is excellent. I had a turkey sandwich, with a variety of toppings, some I have never had before (banana peppers!). They do not have tomatoes! Just a warning for those that must have those. Not sure why they do not have tomatoes...! DH had a roast beef sandwich. We were both very happy with our selection.

Several people were waiting on a recent, quiet Saturday afternoon for their order. Prices are fair. As stated, this is a liquor store, so you have your alcoholic drinks you might want buy, along with the usual soda pop, water, juices, snacks, etc.

Parking lot behind the store or in front, on the street. Glad we went and highly recommend you get a sandwich, and take it down to the waterfront park. There are a few picnic tables and lots of flowers and shade trees. Beautiful grass.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank tymetraveler222
Owensboro, Kentucky
“A visit to Harbor Springs isn't complete without geeting a sandwich here!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This place was once only known by the locals but the visitors caught on fast for the best sandwich around. Try the deli sauce for a special taste.

• Visited August 2013
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Sandwich Heaven”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The chicken salad was so delicious. My husband had the 'Train Wreck' and it was so packed full of yummy meats and veggies. You must have lunch there at least once...or twice ;)

Visited August 2013
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Gurneys is my harbor springs sinful treat! I own a restaurant in Harbor but love a Gurneys sandwich any time! Simple but great ingredients

• Visited May 2013