“Better than Subway!!”

Gurney's Harbor Bottle Shop
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Thickest sandwiches around, quickly built to order. Pick some up, they come with a slab of pickle. Add chips and your favorite beverage. Walk a block to waterfront, find a picnic table or hop on your boat. A perfect day!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is the best hidden treat in the entire town! Gotta hear about it cause they don't advertise! They don't need to! Try it! Go early, not noon! This is take out only!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

First of all, I have to say that this is not really a restaurant. If you already read the other reviews you know that it is really a liquor store. We walked up to the counter hesitant at about 4:00P.M. after a drive through the tunnel of trees. we tried to place orders for several sandwiches, which they were out of. I don't know if they get new supplies daily, but be prepared to order an alternative to your 1st and 2nd choices OR what I did was ask what they have left. I had an amazing sandwich on wheat bread. Very good deli roast beef and my sandwich was loaded with meat. Often when I have gotten sandwiches at other places they skimp on the meat. Not here! I don't remember what my husband had, but he was happy , too. Be aware though, they do NOT have tomatoes or sprouts for your sandwich. I got pickles on mine. If you must have tomato or sprouts, try to pick up at Pond Hill Farm if you are coming from the Tunnel of Trees.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our first stop in Harbor Springs, the liquor store! LOL. A fellow TA member advised me to get a sandwich here. It was a great place to grab a sandwich for a picnic. They make their own bread and it is excellent. I had a turkey sandwich, with a variety of toppings, some I have never had before (banana peppers!). They do not have tomatoes! Just a warning for those that must have those. Not sure why they do not have tomatoes...! DH had a roast beef sandwich. We were both very happy with our selection.

Several people were waiting on a recent, quiet Saturday afternoon for their order. Prices are fair. As stated, this is a liquor store, so you have your alcoholic drinks you might want buy, along with the usual soda pop, water, juices, snacks, etc.

Parking lot behind the store or in front, on the street. Glad we went and highly recommend you get a sandwich, and take it down to the waterfront park. There are a few picnic tables and lots of flowers and shade trees. Beautiful grass.

2  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This place was once only known by the locals but the visitors caught on fast for the best sandwich around. Try the deli sauce for a special taste.