“Good everything except management/service!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harris
Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harris
“Good everything except management/service!”
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

I grew up close to the Island so it's a good hang out spot when returning home. I've always considered it one of the nicest casinos in the general areas and have hosted birthday celebrations there numerous occasions. Our last trip was completely ruined by poor hotel management and staff. We were lied to about the services and then treated badly by customer service. I took these concerns to the hotel manager as I knew someone would actually have some customer service knowledge. WRONG! The woman completely ignored the situation and refused to do anything to make the situation right. As a seasoned gambler they have lost a frequent player because of these employees. It's sad that such a nice place has to be stained with unqualified employees that do their job poorly.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JCapp69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Yes you heard it here first...For my vote this is the best in the U.P. Must have brought in a chef from Las Vegas, Whatever they did this is a winner. Only flaw is that you must walk through a smoke filled Casino to get in. First class food, first class wine list and first class service. Both Steak and Seafood perfect. Even the desert is to rave about. I will be back whenever I am in the U.P.

Room Tip: I'm talking about the restaurant not the Hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight because we were there for a George Thorogood concert. It was our first time staying there and we really enjoyed it. They have several restaurants. We only ate at The Firekeepers Restaurant while we were there. We ate dinner there and both had the soup and salad bar. It was good. Not a ton to choose from for sides, but there were some and tasted good. The clam chowder was excellent! Breakfast the next morning was good too. The casino is nice and has a nice bar. There is also a dance area/bar that had a band playing that night that sounded good. We stayed in a standard king bed on the older side of the hotel on the 5th floor and it was actually a pretty nice room. Bathroom was quite tiny with just a little room in front of the toilet, but it was clean and looked like a nice, new shower. There is a mirror and makeup area outside the bathroom. They also include with your stay a $5 card to use for gambling, a free drink coupon, and a $5 off bingo when you buy $25 worth of cards per person in the room. There is also a gift shop and pool and hot tub. If we stay there again, we will probably request the new part of the hotel, but they did say they were in the process of remodeling the old part and I do think our room was remodeled. It was nice and can't complain except that there was no mini fridge, which would have come in handy. There were very loud neighbors (as in several rooms of people) that woke my husband up several times. I always bring ear plugs to hotels since I am a light sleeper and hear everything and I slept solid all night...so I advise ear plugs for any hotel...not the hotels fault. But we will more than likely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lara B
Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed 1 March 2013

stayed here for a weekend feb,2013. Had a great time with my husband and hung out with my sister in-law. We had dinner at the 5 bridges resturant, which was the best food ever! gambled and didn't win but did have alot of fun. Very cheap mini vacation with very good promos. Also because we live very close we were able to bring our children swimming and enjoy some time with them as well as have fun ourselves. Can't wait for their winter room rates again next year looking foward to it!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy L
Tower, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This is a wonderful hotel! Our room was a King Suite and it was beautiful, obviously newly remodeled. It had a really nice whirlpool tub and a bed that was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Everything was spotlessly clean the the staff went out of their way to be helpful. There are 3 restaurants a pub/grille that we did not eat at, a snack bar and a full restaurant. The food and service in the snack bar was so good that we at our lunches and dinners there and breakfast in the big restaurant. The most amazing part of this hotel is the Casino. We are not big gamblers, but always play a little in every casino hotel we stay at, but this time we had so much fun! It is a very bright cheerful place, with lots of space between blocks of machines so you never felt crowded. There is a huge variety of slot machines and all the table games in the center. There is great drink service at the machines and everybody is helpful and seems happy with their jobs. All the points you collect while gambling can be spent for food or at the gift shop and they tell you to make sure you spend them if you wont be back before your card expires. I dropped my phone in the hotel or on the casino floor and it was returned immediately to the security desk. It seemed like everyone was having a good time and I have never played so long at a casino on my small budget for gambling. We would return to to this hotel in a heartbeat! The only thing I did not like was the pool which was located near the front desk, which meant you had to either change clothes in the bathroom of the pool or walk through the entire casino in your swimming gear. The work out room was small and rather crowded and seemed an after thought. They are currently remodeling at this hotel and they may change that configuration.

Room Tip: We stayed in the South Tower on the third floor. I can't imagine a nicer room!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bgawboy1
Kewaunee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We had a great time during our stay the last weekend in October! The drive up was beautiful with fall color and when we arrived and checked in, the staff at the front desk was very helpful in explaining our "comps" and everything else the resort had to offer. We went with 2 other couples so we had adjoining rooms. Our rooms were very large, bright, and clean. The pool and surrounding area looked quite large but we didn't have time to use it. We had a very delicious breakfast in the Firekeeper's Restaurant, the wait staff was super friendly, and the prices were very budget friendly....more to use in the casino! We went to see the band Styx who put on a terrific show in the resort's showrroom. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1smalltowngirl78
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Each Thanksgiving my husband and I stay here while visiting family in the area. The front desk staff are always welcoming and helpful. The rooms, year after year are large, clean, free bottled water and include WiFi.

You get free passes for use in the casino and all the restaurants. Not a whole lot money, but nice to have none the less. This is a Native American run Casino and Hotel. It is about 15 minutes from Escanaba, the closest large town. What's nice about being at the casino is that there's always something going on. While in Escanaba, things start to close for the evening, you know that at the casino you can still get something to eat and of course have some fun gambling or people watching.

Keep in mind that they have big name performers in frequently and you might want to check their website to see if it's when you're planning a visit, since it might be difficult to get a reservation.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Slipsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harris
Quality Inn & Suites Escanaba
#3 of 10 in Escanaba
Hiawatha Motel
Hiawatha Motel
#5 of 10 in Escanaba

Been to Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!