“Nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harrison
Orion, Michigan
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

No pool but clean and better internet than the hotel we stayed at last year. Also $46 dollars cheaper and lakefront. Less than ten minutes from Snowsnake for tubers and skiers. And by the way there is a microwave and ice machine just outside the office.We had friendly staff and no problems during our stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: The picture on facebook is not me
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Carmella D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This motel is right inside of Harrison, MI. It is a quaint little spot that is VERY clean, affordable, and run by friendly and helpful staff. The lake out back is gorgeous as well. There are plenty of chairs around the lake to just kick back, have a cocktail, and take in the scenery. The staff was very friendly as well. The first night we arrived it was LATE at night. The owner/manager answered the door bell ring in the freezing cold to give us our room key and wasn't even snappy or anything. I would have had a hard time cracking a mile in that situation, but he was quite patient and pleasant. Also have a AAA discount. YES!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Logan C
Macomb, MI
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Actually this is a very clean motel.It provides WI-FI, small frig, VCR and cable TV. The people who run it are very friendly and nice. They are very reasonably priced. We had a lake view room. We liked the rule that they have that it is quiet time between the hours of 11p.m. and 8 a.m. The only thing we did not like about it is that the shower is very small and that the mirror is behind you when you are facing the sink. (Atleast in the room we stayed in.)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Chris S
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I have stayed here for three years in a row, when traveling up to Harrison to visit with my Cousins and their families. Over these past three years, I have found Lakeside Motel to have clean rooms, reasonable rates, a convenient location with a private beach, and pleasant, on-site owners who are very accommodating of an out-of-town traveler with a late arrival time. They are also generous with towels and linens, and provide free cable TV, a VHS tape library, and Wi-Fi for guests. Head left out of the parking lot and you will find a large Glen's Supermarket (think "Kroger") with a large gas station. Turn right out of the parking lot and you will find a couple of very good diners with excellent, inexpensive breakfasts. The center of town is only just down the road from the motel, a short drive away from the fairgrounds and airport.

Needless to say, I'll be staying there again, come this August...

Room Tip: All but three rooms face the lake. Suggest a room in either the middle or the end of the row, away...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Karen R
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here again for my business trip up to Harrison during busy season 2012. I love this place, it is always clean and the rooms stay warm (important in the middle of February). Hotel staff are always courteous and get me whatever I need. They will happily clean up the room every day or leave it alone per my request, which I like because I enjoy my privacy and would like to reduce wasted resources on cleaning an already clean room.

Internet worked wonderfully, fast and got the job done. I could easily synchronize my work back to the office whenever I needed and I could watch Netflix to sleep every night without any buffering problems (big deal for me as that is how I fall asleep).

Always appreciate the grounds and location as well, right over the lake, very serene. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stays here.

Room Tip: Rooms 4-12 have lake view while 1-3 are larger and/or have jacuzzis.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Morgan's Point Resort, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Small rooms, wonderful view of lake, access to lake and yard was wonderful. This is an older motel and that is what you get. Clean room and wireless.. Didn't expect anything else.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank jaclin
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We've enjoyed Lakeside twice a year since our first visit in late Sept 2005. Upon arriving, you can't help but feel relaxed. We stayed again this August 2011. It’s a handy easy weekend getaway spot, only 3-4 hours from the Indy area. Wonderful, quiet private beach (if you don't mind many steps down and up) wonderful sunsets can be memorable. The staff is polite and very attentive from the moment you check in. Just so you know: This is not a luxury hotel (although I must say the beds are extremely comfortable). They are celebrating their 50th year this year. Since it is a vintage hotel, you won't find fancy bath fixtures and gleaming marble but It is always very clean and the only AAA motel in the area. We hope the owners continue to make improvements and keep up with maintaining this wonderful lakeside escape. We like coming and seeing what improvements have been done since our last stay. We'll keep coming for sure! It's nice in the winter also, if you enjoy snow (skiing and snowmobiling).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
American Oak Resort
#2 of 4 in Clare
Super 8 Houghton Lake
Super 8 Houghton Lake
#1 of 15 in Houghton Lake

Been to Lakeside Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!