“Happy I found the Adrounie House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Adrounie House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hastings B&B and Inns
Dayton, Ohio
“Happy I found the Adrounie House”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I can't imagine anyone more critical of a bed and breakfast than another b & b owner. As it happens I own an inn on the west side of the state. By chance my travels brought me to Hastings and the Adrounie House. Both the house and the innkeepers passed my test. The house is very clean, my room is lovely and quiet. April and Don are gracious hosts. They warmly shared the history of the house and their venture into inn-keeping. The love that went into the remodeling, purchasing and placement of each antique is obvious. I especially enjoyed April sharing stories of her mother whose art work is displayed throughout. The true test of a b and b is if a guest would come back and I can answer yes I would to that question.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Suzanneschloss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Don and April have restored this gracious Victorian house to its former splendor. Pictures and artifacts from the original house are everywhere. We stayed in the Emily room on the first floor, just off the anteroom to the dining area. We imagined ourselves living in a turn-of-the-century home and the reverie was pleasant. Don't worry, the bathroom is modern and an A/C unit is installed in the window (not needed in March). Although small by some standards, the town of Hastings has its own charm and several good restaurants to boot. It is just the perfect size to walk around before & after dinner. The Adrounie House breakfast served fruit as its first course (always welcome to travelers). Next was a tasty kiche. Yum. We stayed 2 nights because we liked it. The town clock stops chiming after 10 pm and begins anew at 6 am - that we could deal with. Sure, we heard traffic outside (the house is curbside on broadway) but the noise all but disappeared after dark. If we are in the area, we will book again.

Room Tip: While we were content with a room on the first floor, next time we will try one on the second floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank unclevad
Westphalia, Michigan
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We wife & I wanted to get away for an night. So I spied this B&B online close to our home and
The casino. Wow we won on both ends. Stay with Don & April and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay in the back. Also close to excellent rest.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill M
macomb,mi
Reviewed 28 April 2008

All in all a relaxing stay. The house is so clean and beautiful. My wife couldn't stop taking pictures. Some complaints were the noise from the street, a lot of semi truck noise and a bell chimed on the hour from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. so I hope you are not a light sleeper like me. The breakfast was a little sparse. Could of had some toast, and everything had cinnamon in it, ok if you are a big fan of cinnamon. We asked for coffee and April said it would be ready at 8. We really wanted it earlier but didn't want to argue. The conversation was just great, and the hosts make you feel very welcome. As you can see it is a mixed bag, but would recommend with some reservations.

• Liked — Felt very welcome,very clean
  • Disliked — Breakfast could have been a bit less sparse and varied, ask guests when they would like coffee not tell them when it will be ready
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 27 August 2007

I stayed at the Adrounie House Bed & Breakfast in Hastings, Michigan this last week and had a delightful time. The historic Victorian home is enchanting - filled with wonderful antiques, artwork, photographs and collectables that the owners have acquired over the years.

The breakfasts are delicious in their period dining room. At Sunday morning breakfast the conversation was lively and diverse with guests from Michigan, Oklahoma and the UK.

I stayed in the V. Harry Adrounie Room, which is cozy and very relaxing - done in striking colors. There is much attention to detail. I wished I could have stayed longer.

The owners, April and Don Tubbs are kind, gentle people with a gift for hospitality. Be sure to ask them how they found and bought this treasure of a home.

• Liked — Quiet Historic Home
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Holiday Inn Express
#1 of 1 in Shelbyville
No photo provided
Parkview Motel
#3 of 5 in Hastings

Been to Adrounie House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!