“Not your standard "Pub"...More a bistro”

Walldorff Brew Pub and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Davison
“Not your standard "Pub"...More a bistro”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you're in the market for something different, this might be the place for you. We had the shrimp salsa for an appetizer and it was very good. More of a "pico" then a salsa, but very tasty. I had the "meat" pizza while the husband had the BBQ ribs. My pizza was very tasty but I could hardly eat it. Why? Because the smell from my husband's ribs kept drawing me in. I finally got a taste and oh my!!! They were delicious and suddenly my pizza seemed boring. LOL! The beans that came with my hubby's ribs were just okay. The slaw was on the vinegary side.

Taco Tuesday is $2 each or 3 for $5....so a really good deal if you happen to be in the area on a Tuesday. They also have happy hour deals on beer and margaritas.

• Visited August 2014

Hastings, Michigan
“Excellent New Beers!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The beer at the Walldorf is a huge improvement over when they initially opened. If you came here early on and didn't like the beer, definitely give it another try!! I recently joined the "mug club" and plan to be back to take advantage of my membership!

Visited July 2014
“Awful”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Don't waste your money at this business. The food is overpriced, the servers aren't very friendly. I do not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank shawn o
Winchester, Indiana
“Slow service - over cooked food”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We mistakenly went here on the evening before Mothers Day. They were packed and the wait to be seated was 40 minutes. Our service was slow. Other people seated around us after we were seated received their food before we did. When our food did finally arrive it came piecemeal - two meals then five minutes for another meal then five more minutes before the last two meals. Everyone else was happy with their food, but even though mine was one of the first two meals served, my salmon was over cooked, dry and hard.
They did discount our bill without being asked - but I'm not sure I would go back.

3 Thank Fozzwad
Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
“Great place to take friends”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Taking friends to Walldorff is like sharing a secret and being glad you did. It has great beer and burgers, a comfortable atmosphere, and plenty of seating. It is great for large groups, too. Try the beer sampler to learn how many great beers they make. One sampler is enough to share with another person. The staff are efficient and attentive but could be a bit more friendly or polite...it could be a result of being really busy.

• Visited May 2014