“GREAT SERVICE AND FOOD”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I eat here a lot and I am always impressed with the service and food. Recently held our employee appreciation night with approximately 80 people and was amazed at the level of service and food the delivered while keeping the general public serviced and fed at the same time.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband, his daughter and I went here this past Saturday night. It was super busy!! All of us ordered fish...they ordered the fish and chips and I ordered the perch. It came out fast, was piping hot and delicious! We each had large portions which is usually unheard of at most restaurants for the price! Would have given all 5 stars because of the crowd...it was extremely noisy! (Typical for a bar/restaurant though) Still highly recommend!!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stopped her twice during our weeklong visit. First night (Sunday) there was a band (loud, so-so). Had burgers, fried mushrooms, beer and soft drinks. All was fine. Next weekday evening, we ordered terrible French onion soup, okay perch, okay burrito and flat beer. Service was awful. Stick to bar food.

1  Thank IndyLynne
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Spending a week on Higgins Lake, was to hot to cook, found this restaurant and reviews and thought we would check it out. We were somewhat disappointed.
The issues that I will point out are the poor management and the choice of food quality.
The server we had a young man who was serious under trained,(restaurant impossible) When my uncle asked him if the saloon had Tanqueray Gin, he stated " No, we have regular gin" funny their Tuesday night special is Tanqueray specials. When I asked him what that was he said, "we will mix it with anything you would like, like Pepsi" When we asked him about tone of the most expenses menu items, the Perch, he could not tell us anything about it.
The food, was suspect. two of us had Rubens, the corned beef was processed pressed meat, the sandwiches had maybe three to four slices each. It came with a bag of Lays. The bread was nice but to thick. For $8.99. The wings were O.K., fair at best. The burger patty was pre-frozen. We had to ask for a water as the server only came by one to ask for drink refills.
So service was poorish, food not great. We had though of going there for the Friday night fish fry, but no. They lost that business. It was a Tuesday night, early and maybe 3 other tables had people at them, No excuse, need serious training and better fresh food choices when purchasing. Some one should take the owner and or manager out behind the wood shed, they have the potential for a gem, instead it is a cubic zirconia.

5  Thank RRowe71
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Went for the (not all you can eat, though large portions) Fish Fry Friday, the day after the 4th. I had been here a handful of times, but several years prior. Everything about my experience was average, which in not a bad thing. The service and the food were good, though fried fish does tend to weigh on your stomach, but we knew what we were getting into. I was part of a large family/group and seating took about 45 minutes. We spent that time on the back (covered and screened) deck, where they claim to have specials on beers; $4 tap beer may pass as a special in a city environment, but it seemed a bit pricy for northern Michigan. I was interested in their Captain Morgan float special on Mondays. It passes a decent dive bar/restaurant.