“I'd go back”

El Cerrito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a small mexican restaurant in Hillsdale, Michigan, but it has great food for great prices.
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The outside and the decor inside is a little sad looking. But the food is terrific. Ordered the vegetable fajitas plate and couldn't finish it because it was so filling. Delicious.

Our server was very attentive.

1  Thank Pezzler

Reviewed 16 February 2013

The food was as good as any I've had in a Mexican restaurant. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the service was fast. The hard part was making a selection from the large menu. There are daily lunch and dinner specials, and the prices are very reasonable. My friend and I would definitely return here if we travel to Hillsdale again!

1  Thank geyser_girl
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My family could eat here several times a week. We frequent El Cerrito for their taco special on Tuesdays, but enjoy almost everything on the menu. Good chips, salsa that is just hot enough, and very good value for the family. Their white cheese sauce is amazing!! They now serve beer and various margaritas as well.
The atmosphere isn't the best in town, but El Cerrito has good food and good service at a family friendly price.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We came to this restaurant on a Tuesday night. We were seated right away. I ordered a strawberry margarita and the fajita burrito. Both were very good. The rest of my party also liked what they ordered. There was free salsa and chips. It was good, but I like my salsa a little spicier/hotter. The decor wasn't the greatest, but our server was nice. I'd eat here again.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Great food and great service. Very generous portions and as good Mexican food as I have ever had, at any price.