“Good Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillsdale
Lambertville
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Clean and quiet. Great location between Hillsdale and Jonesville. Very good air conditioning. Nice breakfast. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Julia U, Manager at Days Inn Hillsdale, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for choosing Hillsdale Days Inn we appreciate your business and look forward to serving your lodging needs on your next visit to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

When we checked in we noticed a large set of keys in our ice bucket. We thought it was strange that housekeeping didn't notice them when they cleaned. Apparently they belonged to housekeeping! After a long day we turned down the covers to discover food crumbs in our bed. There was a miscommunication" among the staff so they didn't fully clean the room after the previous guest left. Since I couldn't put my exhausted toddler to bed, I walked the halls carrying her for the 30 minutes it took someone to change the sheets on 2 beds at 11:30pm (she had to respond to a call in the middle and come back). Finally we head to bed, only to find her keys in the bed when we pull back the covers! So trip #3 in the same day to the lobby and we hadn't been at the hotel for an hour total. For our inconvenience we were given $10 off our $185 bill. Seriously, $10? Get it together people!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Columbiaville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent one night a this hotel, prior to dropping off our son at a camp at Hillsdale College. We had a two queen bed room which was big, clean and comfortable. The room had a microwave and refrigerator too! Breakfast was good. Check-in and check-out was fast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Canton
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed here at least 25 times over the last two years because of work nearby. There aren't many choices in Hillsdale. The lobby was remodeled last summer and the rooms got flat-screen TVs. The room is adequate, nothing fancy, but usually clean and fresh. Check-in is fast and I usually get the same room as the front desk clerk knows me. They have refrigerators which is nice so I can bring my lunch for the next day. I like that the room has a thermostat to control the heat or air-conditioning. The pool looks nice, though I have never used it. My biggest complaint is the breakfast. The cereal choice is awful, Cheerios or Fruit Loops. Most of the time, there are small containers of yogurt and apples available. Sometimes, they are not there, like today. The clerk at the front desk told me that sometimes the delivery doesn't come. Maybe someone could make a Wal-Mart run?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was visiting Hillsdale with a friend of mine for an overnight trip (a Friday night/Saturday morning) in June 2014. Hillsdale is a quaint small town, and I always appreciate when chain hotels like this are present in small towns like Hillsdale.

We arrived around 8:30 p.m. on the Friday night. Check-in was quick and easy. The woman at the front desk was friendly and courteous. Our room on the second floor (201) was clean and comfortable. No problems with the bathroom or beds. The bed was comfortable enough, and I appreciated the fact that the room has cable TV with plenty of channels to choose from. This property does have a pool and hot tub. I had brought a swimsuit with me, but my friend and I really didn't have time to use the pool at all. It did look kinda old and slightly unappealing, however. Despite that, I probably would have still used the hot tub if I'd had time.

There's a pretty good variety of breakfast foods in the lobby area in the morning: make-your-own Belgian waffles, refrigerated cheese omelettes that you can heat up, yogurt, cereal, bagels, etc. (It's pretty much the kind of breakfast that any chain hotel these days is expected to provide. No complaints at all about it.)

The check-out process was easy. I always use cash when I'm staying at hotels, and this Days Inn requires you to pay cash upon check-out but they do keep a credit card on file. At check-out, I quickly paid for the room, got my receipt, and then we were on our way.

I imagine I'll have another opportunity to visit Hillsdale sometime in the next year, and I wouldn't hesitate staying at this Days Inn again. (Although it is really the only decent chain hotel in Hillsdale to choose from.) Maybe next time I'll have time to use the pool/hot tub. :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsdale
Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville/Hillsdale
Red Roof Inn Coldwater
Red Roof Inn Coldwater
#4 of 6 in Coldwater
Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater

Been to Days Inn Hillsdale? Share your experiences!