“Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Traverse City, MI
“Awesome Hotel”
Reviewed 19 January 2009

This hotel is so cool. I found it on the website www.greenhotels.com and I am glad I did. Their staff was very friendly and went out of their way to give me DETAILED directions to where I needed to be. I felt like I was in a Boutique hotel in downtown Chicago. Everything in my room was spotless and they don't have gross carpet in the rooms they have cork floors that were amazing. It has a very modern design, which I learned that every room in the place is designed differently. I can't wait to go back and see what the other rooms look like. What an awesome place. Highly recommeded!

• Liked — It was clean and had very friendly staff.
  • Disliked — The downtown area can be confusing with all the one way streets.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Indiana
Reviewed 25 December 2008

This was one of my favorite hotels ever! They had very comfortable and soft beds, and a big HDTV. I really liked the design of the bathroom, and the shower was great. The design of the room was amazing and great-looking. It was near Lake Michigan, which had a great beach, and I think it was much better than swimming in the ocean. The hotel was close to lots of fun places like the Dutch Village. I got really depressed going from this hotel to the Mission Point resort on Mackinac Island-the two hotels are completely opposite--Mission Point is TERRIBLE! The room was dirty and small, and the TV's were tiny. We canceled some of our days there and went back to this hotel for our final night in Michigan. Best vacation ever.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — I did't really like the dinner menu for room service, but we ate out most of the time, the only other thing is that they don't have a pool-but I think the beach is just as good.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank ram27
New York, NY
Reviewed 25 December 2008

We have never stayed in a more ridiculous hotel. The decor is unattractive, the ammenities are non-existent and the price is way too high.

These people have no idea how to design, or to run, a hotel.

We are frequent travelers and have experienced a wide variety of acomodations, world-wide.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Virtually everything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank Kent510
USA
Reviewed 22 October 2008

Had a great time and found everyone very helpful and friendly. Every room is different and very nice and modern. We took pictures of things all over the place because we liked the style and want to try and find the same types of stuff for our house.

We'll certainly look into staying there again next time we venture up to Michigan.

• Liked — New
  • Disliked — view
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the CityFlats Hotel after a long day at the beach in Saugatuck. We absolutely loved the eco-friendly, modern, big city vibe of the hotel. Our room was very spacious and nicely decorated with a comfy king-sized bed with super soft linens. The bathroom was also large, but we weren't too impressed with the sliding door concept. We were able to walk to downtown (1block) and had a nice dinner at the New Holland Brewing Company.

We will definitely stay here again when we visit Michigan's fabulous west coast!

• Liked — Eco-friendliness, room decor, shower
  • Disliked — Noisy air system, limited TV channels, sliding bathroom door
1 Thank beachyluv
michigan
Reviewed 2 September 2008

If you are looking for gross hotel carpet, landscape prints on the wall and polyester bedspreads...this place is NOT for you. It is beautifully modern and minimal. The staff was super friendly. The location is great, right downtown, a block away from everything. The beds are really comfortable. Bath and Bodyworks products. The bathroom was gorgeous. I can't really say enough how nice it was.
And now for the bad...The heating/cooling fan cycles on and off all night. Ours was especially noisy with a clank every time. If you are a 'white noise' sleeper, plan ahead. You can't program it to stay on. Gripe #2 our laptop was incompatible with their wireless internet because we use Linux.

• Liked — the design
  • Disliked — noisy air conditioner
1 Thank jojomagic
Indiana
Reviewed 26 August 2008

This hotel is a wonderful find in Holland. We were staying at another property outside of the downtown area and stumbled upon CityFlats and knew we had to stay there. We canceled our room at the other hotel and were able to get a room there that evening.

We stayed in a King room on the 4th floor. The decor was cool and it felt like you were in a big city, not a small town. The staff were very friendly and personable. Steven at the lounge on the first floor was a great bartender and entertaining.

The bedding was very comfortable and the view was nice. I enjoyed the Bath and Body Works products as well. The bathroom was roomy and the shower had great temperature control. The TV has HD channels and many channels to choose from.

The only complaint I have was the restauraunt. The flatbreads were good, but my husband likes his steak well done and the waitress said that the chef would not cook it that way. I understand that chefs do not like to destroy meat, but what ever happened to the customer gets what he wants?? There are many good restaurants in downtown Holland so I would skip the Bistro, but hang out in the Lounge.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. We will make CityFlats a yearly trip as the experience was a memorable one for all the right reasons!!!

• Liked — The decor and great customer service
  • Disliked — The Bistro Restaurant