“Wonderful Surprise To Our Trip.”
Review of 8th Street Grille

8th Street Grille
Ranked #13 of 231 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wonderful Surprise To Our Trip.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We got a map from our hotel and looked for a restaurant for dinner. We settled on 8th Street Grille. We parked a few blocks away and walked down the street to absorb the local atmosphere. Inside were a few TVs and we could watch the game that was on. The beer listed was pretty extensive, but the thing that jumped out was the fact you could get Sprecher Root Beer. If you have never had Sprecher Root Beer I feel sorry for you. 8th Street offers growlers you can fill including the root beer. I ALMOST got one and would have been a hero to my friends had I done that.

Our meals were good and the timeliness was quite reasonable for being as packed as the place was. The decor is best described as historic local kitchy on the walls with plenty of glorious wood paneling. All in all if I'm back in Holland I'm heading back here for a meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BrianD317

“Busy, loud and hair in food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This place came recommended by our hotel staff so we thought we would try it. Stopped in on a Friday night around dinner time and wasn't surprised by the 30 minute wait (they will text u when your table is ready so you can shop near by, bonus!). We decided that since it was SO loud inside that we would sit outside. Ordered the smothered chicken minus tomatoes (which came on it anyway). It tasted pretty good, until 5 bites in when I noticed HAIR in my food! I'm positive it wasn't mine because it was under the food. Totally grossed me out. When I could finally get the attention of the server, I showed it to her. She hardly said anything about it, never offered to give me a new meal and never discounted my bill. We will never go back!

Holland, Michigan
“8th Street Grill dining experience”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After having dinner at 8th Street Grill......it was less than desirable. We had an outdoor table (which was the best part of it). Our son-in-law ordered a bbq shredded chicken sandwich. The sandwich had no bbq sauce on it and it looked and tasted like canned chicken. The cole slaw was directly out of a Gordon Foods bulk container. I asked for extra caesar dressing on my caesar salad. Instead of bringing a side of dressing, the salad was smothered with dressing and made it hard to stomach. I also ordered chicken on my salad and got a piece of salmon. Our daughter ordered a salad with a piece of salmon......last time she ordered that she received a large salad plate. This time she received a dessert size plate with a few salad greens and a piece of salmon. She ordered a side of pickles and after not receiving it we had to ask our server to bring them. The service was slow. AND...when our server did come to the table to ask how things were ....we were answering and she literally walked away while we were talking to her (this happen three times and we had to call her back)!!!!!!!! The entire experience was a little discouraging. Plus 8th Street Grill does not have a Pino Noir and they have packaged hamburg buns that you would find in an inexpensive grocery store:(

• Visited July 2014
commerce, mi
“Eighth Street's Revenge!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Yes the service was fantastic and while the food was better than the Irish pub down the way, food was sub-par and made my family sick into the next day. Macaroni and cheese from the kids menu = a serving of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. For $5. Really?

1 Thank Carl332211
“Definitely we would go back.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Food was really good. Prices were very reasonable. We were hungry and took a chance, glad we did. The atmosphere was casual and we felt like it was just a great family at home place to eat. We all had soup plus other things and all 6 of us enjoyed our food.

• Visited October 2013