“Dinner”

Boatwerks
Ranked #14 of 244 Restaurants in Holland
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant is Holland's only waterfront restaurant! The indoor dining room and Runabout Lounge feature picturesque views of Lake Macatawa on three sides, or enjoy outdoor dining and unbeatable views from the outdoor patio and bar during warmer months. The New American Menu features fresh seafood and premium meats, with a focus on fresh preparations and quality produce. The building's design features exposed beams and brick, harkening back to the historic boat-building factories that lined the shore of Lake Macatawa in earlier days. The restaurant walls are lined with historic photos of Lakes Michigan and Macatawa and historic Holland, Michigan. The Boatwerks Event Center features the beautiful, 3,300-square-foot Black River Ballroom and an outdoor courtyard, suitable for weddings and family or corporate events of up to 300 people. Make your dining plans for Boatwerks Restaurant in Holland, Michigan today!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently visited the restaurant to have dinner since it was listed as waterfront upscale restaurant. After a wait of 20 minutes we got a table outside. The ambiance was hood outside.The waitress took our drinks order and got us our drinks . It being a very busy day we experienced delays and thought it was ok. The waitress gave us some time and came around to take the dinner order. Me being a vegetarian was looking for options and the mushroom burger caught my eye. I asked if it was vegetarian and was told that it is and it came with goat cheese topping. I thought the burger would be a bean burger since she said it was vegetarian. When the order came the plate was not very appealing. Usuallly I get tomatoes as onion toppings and I thought since it was purely mushroom they avoided those. I took a bite and realized that it was not bean but beef burger. I expressed my concern but the apology that came was not whole hearted. Then I was offered to get this exchanged with bean burger. I had to use the restroom to overcome my emotions of eating meat for the first time in my life as my religion calls for vegetarianism. When I came back I found bean burger but could not get myself to eat . I agree it was a busy day and the waitress might have been stressed out but one has to be careful treating a vegetarian customer for obvious reasons. Even though the restaurant was gracious enough to refund my meal charges I still feel the waitress could have been more careful about taking the order. It seemed to me that a little prank was played . The other orders were good. On the whole the serene and calm mood was spoiled for the night. I request the restaurant be more careful with vegetarians.

Boatwerks, Manager at Boatwerks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you so much for your review. We will be sure to speak to our serving staff about this concern. The mushroom burger is listed under burgers on our menu, with a description in the header that states; "Our burgers are ½ lb. USDA angus steak." That being said, if you made it clear you were a vegetarian, and the server still suggested that as an option, the server should be spoken to directly. I would love to speak to you in more detail so that we can try and figure out who the server was on your visit. Please call 616-796-0740 ask to speak to Shawna Groendal. We are very sorry about this mistake, and want to thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed an evening on the patio overlooking the lake. Everything we had was excellent, trout, salmon, shrimp, lobster and the crab cakes were amazing! Will definitely come back on our next trip to MI.

Boatwerks, Manager at Boatwerks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Great to hear! Thank you so much for your review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed dinner outside overlooking the water. The three things we shared were excellent: beet salad, mac and cheese, and seafood chowder. All nicely presented and tasty.

Boatwerks, Manager at Boatwerks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your feedback, and for taking the time to share your review with us!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We always have a great time at Boatwerks.. Recently celebrated my husband birthday.. They give you your age percentage off your meal.. What a great treat !!! Food is great !

Boatwerks, Manager at Boatwerks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Jody, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My sister and I sort of fell into this restaurant when looking for something on the water. Not only was the view spectacular but the food was to die for! The seafood chowder was awesome as was the buffalo shrimp. Definitely a place to return to!

Boatwerks, Manager at Boatwerks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for your review!