“right place for us”

WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had family come into town and Value Place was the right place for us! We needed a place for family members to stay because our place was so busy with graduation activities. We called because they have kitchens and it was located nearby. The folks at the front desk were very accommodating and every one was extremely pleasant. The rooms are not fancy but fancy place equals fancy price and we did not want to over spend for a room. The price was in our budget. The kid's would have liked wifi but they survived without it. We will recommend and use in the future. Thank You

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina D
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. It's great to hear that your family enjoyed their overall stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was an awesome place to stay. The rooms were clean and neat. I was on the first floor working nights and it was relatively quiet during my stay in the day. There was some closing doors but overall the other quests were nice and considerate of others as they entered and exited daily. The staff were friendly and always greeted me with a smile. I especially want to thank Lynn and Felecia for all their care. The laundry room was always clean and available every time I needed to wash. I will always stay here whenever I visit or work in the Holland, Michigan area again. Next time I will even bring my family to stay with me. I highly recommend the Value Place to everyone looking to visit Holland.

Room Tip: First floor was great. They have an elevator if you choose to stay on 2nd 3rd or 4th but very nice b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Darryl T
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! We always strive to make the guest experience as great as possible. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you find yourself in need of a place to stay.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Came into town for work, needed a place that I could cook my own meals and have a clean, quiet place to stay. Nothing fancy but was just what I needed and the new flat screens where great. The only down fall for me was that they do not have wifi but rather a hard line internet service. The staff was great and the house keeper did a great job at cleaning my room well I was at work.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Buckfinisher_53

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We hope that you will think of Value Place the next time you are in Holland.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The value place is horrible. The rooms don't get cleaned thoroughly, they are rude and prejudice. My tires were slit right in the parking lot, security saw it happening and said nothing.I would recommend going to the rescue mission rather than Value Place. I even had personal items missing from my room and the staff neglected to look into it.

• Stayed: September 2013

I apologize your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I've emailed you separately to get some additional details and come to some type of resolution. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was just there for a clean and simple place to lay my head at night after a long day at work. Did not need a pool or breakfast and be charged for it so this was perfect for me. I was not on vacation. The front desk people were there for me when I needed something and the after hours guy, Ron was on his job taking care of things after hours. I did have problem with the room next door, called him and it was taken care of! Thank you all!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I needed a place to stay until my home was ready to move in and this was a great choice! I spoke with Lynn many times she was always great! When I checked in Her and Felicia made all my special requests happen! As soon as I walked in it smelled clean! The room also was very clean! I couldn't ask for more in a place for a home away from home! I have no problems letting people know the value and staff are great and they should stay here!!
Angie

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Angie379
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We always love hearing from our guests! We strive to provide every guest a great experience and it is great news that our team in Holland did just that for you. We hope that you will consider Value Place the next time you find yourself in need of a place to stay.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I will strongly recommend you against staying in this place, they have weird people staying in their hotel and there are police making rounds of the hotel searching of culprits. They say they are a value hotel however they charge for all the minor amenties that are actually necessities, they charge you separately for internet, for cleaning (I stayed for 4 weeks they dint come to clean my room even once & when I asked for cleaning they said you will have to pay extra for that), the TV had broken buttons and wpould give out current, the room walls give away noises from other rooms and you can barely sleep & then comes the best part they deduct your 100$ deposit for using the trash bins in their rooms. So incase you land up in this weird place please do not use the trash bins provided as it will cost you 100$ for using them.
They have deducted my deposit for leaving trash in the trash bin when I left the room. When I called for my deposit the lady at the reception rudely disconnects your call refusing any refund. Please beware of this place, I would strongly recommend you to stay in other places this place is not at all worth the money they charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank K J
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for leaving feedback. We always appreciate hearing what our guests have to say. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will consider giving Value Place another chance if you find yourself needing a place to stay again.