“Worst hotel stay anywhere.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland

WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Maumee, Ohio
“Worst hotel stay anywhere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This has by far been my worst hotel stay. The staff has been very unfriend and not at all helpful. I love the fact my room has a kitchen, but that is the ONLY positive here. I waited for 15 minutes to check in, the "office hours" are not at all followed. I was below a very noisy family and being a night shifter, need to sleep during the day. I was told NOTHING could be done and I couldn't even get my room switched. My 7 day stay turned into a 2 day stay and I was absolutely miserable the entire time. I will never again come back to a Value Place. Oh, forgot to mention, my reservation was screwed up from the beginning. I was supposed to arrive on a Friday night, but the hotel booked me when in reality there weren't any available rooms. Did I get that night free? NOPE!

Room Tip: I doubt any room here would be a good one. Maybe a top floor if its necessary you stay here.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jactheak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Zeeland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This place isn't anything fancy but the price is right and the people that work there are extremely helpful! It is difficult to get a room because they are so busy but the young lady put me on the wait list and within a few days I had a call and I was able to check in.
I wasn't traveling but needed to have some bathroom renovations done and could not stay in my home and this was the perfect place for me to stay during that time.
The only downfall was the lack of wifi. I did not want to bring my computer and thought i could just use my phone. No worries, I managed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank brenda m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Value Place in Holland MI while we were waiting for renovations to be done in our home. I wanted a kitchen so we could save money and not eat out for all our meals. This place offered that and so we decided to check it out. We had never even stopped in before and we were pleasantly surprised on how clean the rooms were and how nice the employees were to us. Extremely happy with the offerings, the rooms are basic but we really did not need anything more. The employees always took the time to say hello whenever we walked by the desk or saw them in passing. If we ever need to find a temporary place to stay, we will not hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bruce W
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide our guests with the best stay possible. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had family come into town and Value Place was the right place for us! We needed a place for family members to stay because our place was so busy with graduation activities. We called because they have kitchens and it was located nearby. The folks at the front desk were very accommodating and every one was extremely pleasant. The rooms are not fancy but fancy place equals fancy price and we did not want to over spend for a room. The price was in our budget. The kid's would have liked wifi but they survived without it. We will recommend and use in the future. Thank You

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tina D
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. It's great to hear that your family enjoyed their overall stay.

Eastpointe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was an awesome place to stay. The rooms were clean and neat. I was on the first floor working nights and it was relatively quiet during my stay in the day. There was some closing doors but overall the other quests were nice and considerate of others as they entered and exited daily. The staff were friendly and always greeted me with a smile. I especially want to thank Lynn and Felecia for all their care. The laundry room was always clean and available every time I needed to wash. I will always stay here whenever I visit or work in the Holland, Michigan area again. Next time I will even bring my family to stay with me. I highly recommend the Value Place to everyone looking to visit Holland.

Room Tip: First floor was great. They have an elevator if you choose to stay on 2nd 3rd or 4th but very nice b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Darryl T
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! We always strive to make the guest experience as great as possible. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you find yourself in need of a place to stay.
Grayling, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Came into town for work, needed a place that I could cook my own meals and have a clean, quiet place to stay. Nothing fancy but was just what I needed and the new flat screens where great. The only down fall for me was that they do not have wifi but rather a hard line internet service. The staff was great and the house keeper did a great job at cleaning my room well I was at work.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Buckfinisher_53
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We hope that you will think of Value Place the next time you are in Holland.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The value place is horrible. The rooms don't get cleaned thoroughly, they are rude and prejudice. My tires were slit right in the parking lot, security saw it happening and said nothing.I would recommend going to the rescue mission rather than Value Place. I even had personal items missing from my room and the staff neglected to look into it.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I apologize your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I've emailed you separately to get some additional details and come to some type of resolution. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.