“Like N'Orleans food, get it here”
Review of Blue House Bistro - CLOSED

Blue House Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Blue House Bistro is a casual boutique bistro locally owned and operated by award wining Chef Angie K. The restaurant is located on West 8th street in Downtown Holland, Michigan between Kollen Park and The Civic Center. The restaurant has an extensive and innovative menu featuring the best Neo-American Creole Fusion style cuisine in West Michigan. Blue House Bistro serves up delicious small plates, hand crafted soups, fresh salads, Chef Angie K's featured entrees, sandwiches, gourmet pizza, and delectable desserts to hungry Holland residents and visitors everyday. The restaurant also uses seasonal, farm fresh, locally sourced, and organic ingredients in every dish whenever possible.Come, join us downtown. Gather with family and friends over a plate of Beignets, a steaming bowl of Seafood Gumbo, or one of Chef Angie K's other featured culinary creations. The restaurant serves dine-in, take out, delivery, and catering. There is an ever growing selection of domestic, imported, and local produced beer and wine available to-go or for delivery. There are many lunch and dinner options available in Holland and the West Michigan region, and we appreciate you choosing Blue House Bistro as your Holland area restaurant of choice.
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We have gone to the Blue House Bistro on several occasions and always love to go back. If it was for the ambiance, we would not go there. What brings us back is the excellent gumbo, the jambalaya, the creole pizza, the Phyllo feta rolls and the like. The cook is be very creative and often tries variations of a dish and that makes it interesting for me. I have never been disappointed with the taste of the food, especially the Creole dishes are spiced right for my taste. But if you prefer standardized food, you might as well go somewhere else.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I did not know the Blue House Bistro was open even though I pass by it often. The good was very good.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

My husband had read a favorable review, so we went with family and were all VERY disappointed! Nothing was exceptional and several items were mediocre at best. I just don't see how this place will stay in business long. Presentation of entrees was poor as well and they all seemed very bland. It was over priced as well.

1  Thank jawouds
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We went with another couple to try out Blue House Bistro. Went on a Sunday at noon. We were the only ones there. We proceeded to have a personalized meal experience. I had a house salad with coconut vinaigrette dressing. (Very nice). My wife had the curried pumpkin soup. (Quite spicy) I had the Blue House Lasagna. Very good. Good amount of cheese. Nice and warm. Held together well. My wife had the chicken bacon wrap. Then we closed the meal by sharing the bread pudding with caramel sauce. Yummy! It was plenty for the 2 of us to share.

1  Thank GinnyLu2009
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Let me start by saying we will definitely give the Blue House Bistro another try. We started looking for a new place to dine and so we got on to the Trip Advisor (our preferred site for reviews). The Blue House had some great reviews so we decided to give it a try. We arrived on Saturday 10/15/11 around 5 p.m. and found the place pretty chilly. The Crab Bruschetta was not available or any other crab selection because they were out of crab. So we settled on the house specialty Phyllo Feta Rolls which were excellent. We each had a chicken selection as a main course which was pretty good. The red beans in my dish was pretty salty though. We were really ready for one of their signature desserts, the Praline Bread Putting. Well they were out of this item too so we settled on the Beignets.

What the Blue House lacked in the food selections it was more than compensated by the service which was very attentive. As we now reflect and write this review, we really want the Blue House Bistro live up to our expectations for something unique.

1  Thank Richard R