This is my second stay at a HIE in the last month, both were very good experiences. I'll keep this to bullet points for ease of reading:
* Very friendly staff
* Large, inviting lobby. Like the Tulip theamed photography here.
* Excellent free breakfast - you can make it healthy or not due to lots of choices. Hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, bagels, pancake maker (yum and fresh), cereal, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc.
* Indoor pool looked very inviting though I did not use it. It is large and in a sunny, front, main floor location, not tucked away in some dingy back corner. Hot tub is interesting in that it is half inside and half outside.
*Comfortable beds and linens. All beds have two soft pillows and two firm pillows so everyone is satisfied.
* Clean rooms, tastefully decorated. Love the beachy photographs on the walls.
* Large, nicely appointed bathrooms. At this location, however, the vanity is is the bathroom. The other location I stayed at the vanity was very large and just outside of the shower / toilet room. Made it nice so two people could get prepped at the same time.
* Rooms seem to be well insulated. The hotel parking lot was very full, so I anticipated a noisy night. Didn't hear a thing.
* The location is so-so. It is safe, but I do like being within walking distance of downtown Holland. City Flats is the only hotel that has that distinction, but they don't have a decent free breakfast nor a pool if that's your thing.
* I had this same issue at both HIEs. The thermostats are really confusing. I couldn't get this one to change. Since I was already tired and in PJs, I really didn't want to call maintenance. when I talked to the front desk girl about it in the morning, she said the thermostats are tempermental. Why not just change them? Management, Please?
* I would love to have TV service in the room that tells you what is on, not just what channel it is. With no guide as to the shows, it is a drag to search around and try to figure out what is on.
* The staff in the breakfast area was very nice, but one thing did gross me out. The lady stuck her hand into the trash bin to stuff things down, and then proceeded to wipe up tables and the counter where the food is displayed without a hand wash in between. She was trying to use her other hand as much as possible, but it was still nasty. Not sure the health department would approve.
* Suggestion for the breakfast area......get trash bins that don't require guests to touch the door to open them. When guests are going back up for more food, you want them to take a clean plate, so they throw the last one away. Not too sanitary to keep eating then.
Overall, a very nice stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Quality Excellence Award winning Holiday Inn Express of Holland, MI. The Holiday Inn Express in Holland offers a place to work, relax or play just minutes from downtown Holland, Windmill Island and Tulip Time Festival activities. Located minutes from Lake Michigan beaches, Holland State Park, the Big Red Lighthouse, Dutch Village, Veldheer Tulip Farm, and Hope College our hotel and outstanding staff are committed to quality and exceptional service. Our spacious rooms offer either a king or two queen beds with luxurious white bedding, executive level and king whirlpool rooms available. All rooms feature a refrigerator, microwave, free wired/wireless Internet, 2 line cordless phone, Simply Smart shower experience, and much more! All rooms include free hot breakfast.Take a swim in our Michigan shaped indoor heated pool, enjoy a relaxing evening in our sauna or in our indoor/outdoor spa, a game of pool in our game room or basketball on the outdoor sports court. Enjoy time outside on our outdoor patio reading a book, soaking in the sun or grilling on our complimentary gas grill. Holland, Michigan is home to many fortune 5 companies such as Herman Miller, Johnson Controls, Gentex, Haworth, Consumers Power, Siemens, and S2/Tiara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Holland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Holland Hotel Holland
- Holiday Inn Holland
- Holland Holiday Inn Express