“A beautiful & cozy getaway, with mouthwatering breakfasts!”
Review of Cottonwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holland
Cottonwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Holland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband booked the Cottonwood Inn on his own as a 2-night surprise getaway for us. He made a great choice! Liz was created to be a B & B hostess -- she is friendly & sweet, AND an amazing cook! Our room was nicely decorated, cozy & comfortable, and the rest of the house is gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and the only complaint I had was that there were some children next door yelling loudly just after we arrived (when I was looking forward to some peace & quiet). This is no fault of the B & B owners (just the parents of the children), and that's the only issue with running a B & B in a neighborhood setting. Nevertheless, we would stay at the Cottonwood Inn again in a heartbeat! Holland is quite charming, as well as the surrounding areas. There are many fun activities, nice restaurants & beautiful scenery to enjoy. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank jonesjungle

Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you are looking for a refreshing, peaceful, romantic, and restful place to stay, look no further! Cottonwood Inn in Holland, Michigan is THE place for you! It's close to Lake Michigan where you can walk the nature trails or stroll out to the pier, and it's only a 5-10 minute drive to 8th Street shopping in beautiful downtown Holland.

Because I'm an author facing a deadline, my dear husband sent me here to write, and the atmosphere was absolutely PERFECT!!! The breakfasts are EXQUISITE, the innkeeper so lovely, and the surroundings serene. I can't wait to go back, and believe me, I WILL!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Charles H. Spurgeon room. It was decorated so nicely, and the bed was extremely comf...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay! Clean, quiet, and great hosts! Liz made us feel at home. Breakfast was delicious - homemade quiche, sausages, fresh fruit, muffins, juice, coffee and served by Liz! Located in a quiet wooded area...only about a 10 minute drive to downtown Holland....the perfect blend of "get away" and comfort!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CottonwoodInn B, Owner at Cottonwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thanks for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It was wonderful to meet you two. Maybe some day it will work for you to come back. Best, Liz

Reviewed 22 April 2014

There is a reason this place is so highly rated... because it is fantastic! My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Cottonwood Inn and I must say that we absolutely enjoyed every minute of our 3 day stay. The hosts (Liz and Don) were amazing, helpful, generous, friendly and just a joy to be around, and the breakfast was incredible. There is nowhere I would rather have spent my honeymoon with my wife, I can't imagine having spent it anywhere else, and we both look forward to returning again! Thank you!

Room Tip: The John Calvin room is the roomiest, but there are plenty of great areas outside of the rooms to re...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CottonwoodInn B, Owner at Cottonwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thanks for your kind remarks. I thoroughly enjoyed having you two stay and wish you God's blessings on your lives together. Best, Liz

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had made an error regarding booking, so this isn't a review regarding the place, though it seems great! All that to say, they (Liz) were very helpful and understanding regarding my error, looking into what could be done through air bnb to help me out. I really appreciated their courtesy and kindness through it, so wanted to write a review!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim F
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Liz is so friendly and the breakfast was amazing! I love the shampoo it smells so great. It's the perfect place to relax, I feel recharged, we are definitely coming back in the summer. Even my husband loved it (sports watching, beer drinking kind of guy).

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CottonwoodInn B, Owner at Cottonwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Angela, It was great to have you and your hubby stay. We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves. Looking forward to your return in the summer if it works out. Best, Liz

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Cottonwood is a charming retreat in the beautiful town if Holland, MI. Liz, the innkeeper, is so gracious and welcoming. Cottonwood Inn is impeccably clean, yet warm and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The first morning we had Belgian waffles loaded with fresh strawberries, sausage on the side. The second morning we had a blueberry cream cheese French toast bake with bacon on the side. Snacks, coffee, water, tea were always available and orange juice with breakfast. Holland offers plenty to do, we enjoyed a day of resale shopping and didn't even have enough time to stop at all the shops or any antique stores! We did visit the Holland Museum and was given a private guided tour by Bob- it was wonderful. The downtown is true Norman Rockwell-esque with lots of shops, boutiques, and eateries. We'd love to return to Cottonwood Inn again and again!

• Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
Hampton Inn Holland
Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites
Lake Shore Resort
Lake Shore Resort
#3 of 10 in Saugatuck

Been to Cottonwood Inn? Share your experiences!