“rip off.”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Holland, Michigan
“rip off.”
Reviewed 2 May 2011

me and my fiance stayed the weekend there. We called to find out the price. they told us $88.00 for two nights. When we got there they charged us $110.00. The fridge didn't even get cold. the microwave stank. the bed sheets had stains. the furniture was stained and smelled horrible. the carpet was sticky and nasty. the air/heat thing was covered in dust and dripped water. the towels were the size of like a wash cloth. When we asked for more towels it took them two and a half hours and they only brought one. The ice bucket had dirt inside of it and the counter was disgustingly dirty. the toilet didnt flush. the shower didnt even have a shower head! it looked like a water hose coming out of the wall. the tub had soap scum in it. it was so not worth $110.00.. i asked for a refund before we even stayed for the first night and the lady would not give us a refund. i was pissed. worst place ever!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank livelaughl0ve23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Holland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 September 2010

this motel should read the roach motel yes folks they have them and thiers smashed flys on the dirty windows that neaver get washed. the rooms smell like urine and thiers hair in the towels and bath room and the microwaves in the rooms are neaver cleaned any more then the small fridges are. the carpet is disgusting and has not been replaced or shampooed in avery long time. for get this one folks its bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank mygosh

Travellers are raving about these Holland hotels

beaverisland
Reviewed 5 August 2010

i stayed at that hellhole for over a month and a half.my company footed the bill.some how
they got my debit card.and charged me 200 dollars a month after my stay.its funny because the weekely rate is 172.75 not 200$.i never gave them my card #.i dont know how they stole since my room was never cleaned.i had to wash my own sheets after working 12 hours a day in extreme heat.i am going to contact the better buisness bureau.i will call and ask too be reimbursed one more time.i might even call the cops.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank captporkchop
Northern Indiana
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Our keys to the room would not open the door, so an employee told us to leave for a while, leave the room unlocked and he would change the battery. We did NOT leave our room unlocked, but lock was not fixed when we returned. Told us to wait in that room while another was being "cleaned". My daughter and I used disinfectant wipes on the table, the sink, counter, stool, tub and bath floor. The wipes were filthy. Carpet was badly worn and dirty.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dissatisfied50
Midwest Travelers
Reviewed 10 March 2009

This place puts the Econo in Econo Lodge. If you didn't like the HBO selections, the TV had little else to offer. No decent cable channels available. The breakfast was very poor; half a loaf of white bread, 3 cinnamon bscts, limited, limited, limited.

We knew coming in this was a basic place based on the rates, but this was our worst Econo Lodge experience. The first room had a broken toilet, so we had to move. Desk clerk was friendly and competent, and apologized for the room problem; I know that she had no control of the things we disliked. This was not a good value for the money.

I don't normally respond to review requests, as I think a lot of them are overly critical, but this one reached our limits. We had many years of traveling where Motel 6's and Super 8's were all that fit the budget, so I don't think we're overly picky about places, but . . ..

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lewis_und_Clark
petoskey
Reviewed 18 August 2008

For starters it was a good thing I was using a FF Discount or I never would have stayed here.. Breakfast was cheap. Room sucked and I had an Emergency that had come up after 3pm and they would not let me out of my Reservation, it sure was a good thing the person did not pass away!!!!!!! I would not recommend anyone staying here again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank beartrax
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 8 May 2008

We were in town for Tulip Time and needed a basic room for 2 nights. Well, that is just what this property is. We had a room on the first floor around the back #114. 2 beds, different sizes, maybe one was a full and the other a twin and 1/2. the heater/airconditioner unit below the window was sooo fithy I didn't want to look down inside. Our rate was 74.60 per night without taxes. We ate next door and the Boston Market (so so)for dinner and the Wooden Shoe for breakfast.(good). the front desk was courteous. Totally no frills anywhere.

Stayed May 2008