“Nice getaway”

Economy Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Holland
“Nice getaway”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days straight. People look down on it but in reality they have gotten better about their rooms and all that. The only complaint I would have is that they need bigger and more towels in each room. I have NOT seen any type of bug in a room yet and I hope to never. Just thought this needed a more up to date review and spoken as the truth. (:

Stayed January 2013
2 Thank xolesbianxo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I recently visited this hotel with my family they claim to be family-friendly close to downtown and clean. While it may be close to downtown it definitely is not family-friendly or clean. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I will never visit this place again. It's very dirty it had bugs and the room smelled of mold. Dear continental breakfast consists of cold cereal and coffee. Upon entry into my bathroom I saw four little cockroaches run across the floor I took my family and left immediately. I went to the front desk and they would not give me a refund. What ever you do, do not stay at this hotel you would be better off sleeping in your car

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank glrey

Travellers are raving about these Holland hotels

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Save yourself the embarrassment. Don't be seen here. Dirty overall and employees live on site and hang on the balconies. Broken towel bars, mildew & mold in bathroom, phones have limited service, the breakfast area is dirty and the garbage can in this area hasn't been cleaned since it was purchased.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel than this one. I can't believe that they are allowed to continue operation...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jackie S
Charlotte, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Hey, if crazy staff, beer cap littered sidewalks and half way house type guests are your thing this place is PERFECT for you! Not only are there NO locks on the doors you"ll be sure to leave with a communicable disease from the floors,bedding,toilets. And all you low self esteemers are gonna feel great about yourself after being sexually harassed by the "guests" hanging from the balconies. And just for added fun bring your kids! they're sure to be safe. I know i felt great about staying there with my 13 yr old daughter! Seriously the only thing I felt great about was pulling out of the drive!! This place is SCARY AS HELL! Don't walk, RUN!!!!!

Room Tip: sleep in your car. Its safer.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Angela A
Crest Hill, Illinois
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at this property one night only because the town had no other nights available. It was dirty, noisy, smelly. Their all sorts of undesirables hanging over railings and shouting out to one another, Try to contact this property or the parent company Choice HOtels proved fruitless. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Patricia B
saugatuck mi
Reviewed 25 August 2011

this place is degusting !!! its full of bugs and the half the people staying there live there!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the staff is crazy !! not worth it keep going on down the highway folks to better hotels down the highway !! this place is not even worth comming up the drive way. how can he still be open with it being so disgusting !! wheres the health dept in all this or dont they care either.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank poopooSaugatuckMi
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We choose this hotel because it was one of the cheaper places to stay in Holland that allowed dogs. The woman who checked us in seemed a little disheveled and appeared to be living there with a child and dog. I was a little surprised when they charged us at checked in (no pet deposit or anything) and not after we checked out the next day. Our room had two double beds and other than a dirty towel left on the bathroom door it seemed to be clean. However the room did smell like cigarette smoke. The location of the hotel is convenient to Holland and Saugatuck attractions. The restaurant in the attached parking lot, The Wooden Shoe, has great breakfast. At first, I was a little concerned about our staying there, but no one bothered us and for an overnight stay it was not too bad. However if I was staying more than a few days I would probably want to stay somewhere a little more nice and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends