“Should've listened to the bad reviews”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I am not a picky person when it comes to hotels. I hate the idea of paying for a place to sleep, so if it is cheap and has a room, bed and shower, I think that is enough. So, I didn't pay much attention to the bad review because it was the least expensive hotel available. When we got there I discovered the internet was not working which is a big bummer for me because I feel like just about every hotel has internet by now and not having it available to plan our days/nights quickly and conveniently was bad. I also have come to expect a decent television to fall asleep to late at night, the cable at the hotel was by far the worst I had experienced at a hotel. Only three or four channels actually got a picture and the ones that did had a constant high humming noise that made it unbareable to watch.

I understand this was a cheap hotel, but as far as cheap hotels go, this is one of the worse one I have been to, the only saving grace was that for a cheap hotel it wasn't THAT dirty and was somewhat close to downtown Holland. I didn't see any bugs or what not which I guess is the only thing keeping this hotel from being shut down.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew S

Reviewed 31 January 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days straight. People look down on it but in reality they have gotten better about their rooms and all that. The only complaint I would have is that they need bigger and more towels in each room. I have NOT seen any type of bug in a room yet and I hope to never. Just thought this needed a more up to date review and spoken as the truth. (:

Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank xolesbianxo
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I recently visited this hotel with my family they claim to be family-friendly close to downtown and clean. While it may be close to downtown it definitely is not family-friendly or clean. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I will never visit this place again. It's very dirty it had bugs and the room smelled of mold. Dear continental breakfast consists of cold cereal and coffee. Upon entry into my bathroom I saw four little cockroaches run across the floor I took my family and left immediately. I went to the front desk and they would not give me a refund. What ever you do, do not stay at this hotel you would be better off sleeping in your car

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank glrey
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Save yourself the embarrassment. Don't be seen here. Dirty overall and employees live on site and hang on the balconies. Broken towel bars, mildew & mold in bathroom, phones have limited service, the breakfast area is dirty and the garbage can in this area hasn't been cleaned since it was purchased.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel than this one. I can't believe that they are allowed to continue operation...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Hey, if crazy staff, beer cap littered sidewalks and half way house type guests are your thing this place is PERFECT for you! Not only are there NO locks on the doors you"ll be sure to leave with a communicable disease from the floors,bedding,toilets. And all you low self esteemers are gonna feel great about yourself after being sexually harassed by the "guests" hanging from the balconies. And just for added fun bring your kids! they're sure to be safe. I know i felt great about staying there with my 13 yr old daughter! Seriously the only thing I felt great about was pulling out of the drive!! This place is SCARY AS HELL! Don't walk, RUN!!!!!

Room Tip: sleep in your car. Its safer.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Angela A
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at this property one night only because the town had no other nights available. It was dirty, noisy, smelly. Their all sorts of undesirables hanging over railings and shouting out to one another, Try to contact this property or the parent company Choice HOtels proved fruitless. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed 25 August 2011

this place is degusting !!! its full of bugs and the half the people staying there live there!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the staff is crazy !! not worth it keep going on down the highway folks to better hotels down the highway !! this place is not even worth comming up the drive way. how can he still be open with it being so disgusting !! wheres the health dept in all this or dont they care either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business