Residence Inn Holland
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at Residence Inn for a short visit in Holland! It was as great as any other Residence Inn. I appreciate their consistency! They are always clean and quiet! We are frequent visitors to Marriotts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leturtle
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the Holland area. We were pleasantly surprised with the full kitchen and the size of the room. The hotel isn't too far from town and it's easy to get to. The pool and hot tub were nice and the breakfast in the morning was great too!

My only SMALL complaint was we requested an early check in and were told we could check in about an hour early but when we got there the room wasn't ready. I understand it was very busy the night before so that could not be helped. We plan to come back and stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you! I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your suite! We do our best to accommodate early check in requests, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

I hope you will visit us again if in Holland!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I ended up staying at the Residence Inn in Holland, MI in June. Since most of the other places were full, I hoped this would be satisfactory. Its prices were a bit higher than I was expecting, but the room was excellent. The AC unit was not noisy and the separate bedroom was nice for us. It was a great place to stay and I will stay there again next time I am in Holland, MI.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the BBQ area if you are an early sleeper since it is a gathering place for fol...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Well, we are happy we were your choice by default :) And excited to knowwe have gained a return customer! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Absolutely perfect 3-night stay for a girls' weekend! Complimentary breakfast bar was a bit different each morning - coffee, juices and milk, fresh fruit, yogurt/toppings, a large selection of cereals, muffins and bagels, toast and jellies, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, breakfast burrito. The breakfast was well-prepared and delicious! In the evening, there was complimentary soup and salad bar as well as ice tea, lemonade and wine (2-drink minimum). It too, was delicious! I think the light evening meal may only be a few evenings a week, not sure. We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite (very roomy) that was extremely clean. The full kitchen was well equipped with condiments (coffee, salt/pepper, etc.), paper towels, dishes, etc. Great water pressure in the shower/tub and we really liked that the tub/shower and toilet were separate from the sink/vanity area. The beds were very comfortable with 5 pillows on each bed and a few extra in the closet along with extra blankets if needed. Gas fireplace, wi-fi, flat-screen TV with Direct TV and a boat-load of channels/movies! Large windows (with screens) in both bedrooms and living room that let in lots of sunshine/light and fresh air (if not using the temperature-controlled A/C). Outdoor courtyard with seating was enjoyable! No comment on the pool or hot tub as we didn't use either one. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly with check-in/check-out and also when we had a few questions about the Holland area. The cleaning staff was friendly and they are doing a great job! Gosh, I just can't say enough about how great this place was. All four of us loved it - we had a very positive experience at this Residence Inn in Holland, MI. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SandR2011
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank YOU for such a wonderful review!
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and your stay. I also appreciate you noting the friendliness of the housekeepers- they sometimes get left out. They work hard and do a great job. Breakfast and social hour are unique to Residence Inn. Breakfast items do vary and is served daily where the evening social hour is designed to be a snack and is served Monday- Wednesday, with a 2 drink maximum (not minimum)!
I do hope this means you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Holland.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

STARWOOD: GOLD
MARRIOTT: GOLD

I do enjoy the Residence Inn brand. Always the larger rooms (which are very important to me) but you do sacrifice things like Room service. For this stay, a brief over-night for my daughter and i as we explored the area of Holland and Saugatuck. Service, Service, Service, this is what is left in my mind here. The staff are phenominal, and truly went above and beyond at EVERY opportunity to make our short stay a memorable one. Major thanks to Andrea and Chelsea in particular.

HOTEL: The property is located really in nowhere and please note that the Marriott site thinks the property is in a neighborhood, but it is actually a few miles south. Apparently the hotel is aware of this and i feel for them honestly having to explain that to who knows how many people everyday. Marriott get this fixed!
Its located near the freeway with quick access for the beaches and to go back east on 96 for the record. Its one of the smaller styles Residence Inn's but still has a small area for the signature firepit. Breakfast (which i missed) and a light dinner are served in a 30 person sitting area adjacent to the front desk. The main reason of this stay for me was to visit the area and to enjoy the pool/hot-tub which we did for many hours. The water was the right temp and not over-chemicalized.

THE LOCATION: Again, the actual location LOL, is near to the freeway and on the southside of Holland. Maybe 10 mins from downtown Holland and 15 mins from Saugatuck.

THE ROOM(S): I was not offerred an upgrade here but was happy to take my studio suite as they are spacious as well at nearly 600 sq ft. This particular room as all do here, has a small kitchen with everything you would need for long stays. The bedroom is seperated from the living area and the only thing i think seperates it from the 1 bedroom suite is a small wall thats missing in the "studio". Might even be the same size. Very updated and comfortable room. I did find used kleenex under my bed, and would have never noticed it had i not always looked there for left items. The hotel is great and clean though so i wouldnt fault them for that. Although if they are reading this, please note. Also, strange feature which greatly bothered me, but per the staff is a direct TV issue? The TV is defaulted to Fox News. This means every time you turn the TV on you get right wing extremist propoganda, and thats the default. Again this was blamed on Direct TV but i will say this as loud as i can. THIS ALONE WOULD KEEP ME FROM COMING BACK and should be addressed permenantly as well as with me. I want a better answer than to blame direct TV which i think is rubbish.

THE STAFF: The staff was unbelievably friendly as stated above and i thank them truly for their kindness and warmth. This was a short getaway for myself and my daughter and they really helped us make the most of it.

Was my Elite recognized? I received an Elite room key LOL

I would recommend this property, especially if you dont want one of the older "Lake hotels" which seem to be all to common at all Michigan resort towns. Also works great for business in the area clearly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello and thank you for such a detailed review!
We completely enjoyed having both you and your daughter here! She is adorable and so spunky! I am glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay and the area. I am sorry for the tissue you found as that is not acceptable, nor being recognized for your Gold elite status! Those are areas that we can certainly improve upon.
As for the TVs, that comes from our ownership group. I have to follow the direction I am given. I truly hope that wouldn't keep you from returning to the hotel.
Again, it was a joy to have you both here!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first experience with a Residence Inn and didn't have any issues with our 2 night stay. The property was very clean and well - maintained with some nice features like an outdoor courtyard with a grill and evening fire pit type thing.

The hot tub was the most powerful one I've ever experienced and was perfect after a day full of running, biking, and beaching. The pool was a good size and shaped so you could do some short laps in it. Since the weather was nice we didn't try the fitness center but the equipment looked up - to - date and well kept.

The breakfast included several hot offerings and was well attended. All of the staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful. I noticed the manager came out of her office and was helping keep up the breakfast when it was super busy on the 4th of July. That impressed me and I saw several instances folks helping others so that guests needs were met.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Residence Inn! A nice soak in the hot tub does sound wonderful after the eventful times you had. On behalf of my staff and I, thank you for your compliments. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

For the price a few things to be desired. Not the easiest location to find. In an industrial area safe but just not conveniently located. Our suite 220 was overall nice but the bath tub had a mat at the bottom that was black because the staff is not cleaning it well enough after each guest. A little comet goes a long way. I do not feel paying over $210 a night after taxes justifies that. The mat should be replaced or cleaned properly. The breakfast if you can get to it due to hungry grumpy people is a little disappointing. The staff was very nice but if you need anything after hours better be prepared to go get it yourself. Again for the money they could staff someone to run things like an extra sheet to the room. Was ready for bed and realized we needed one had to get dressed and go get it ourselves. Over all a nice stay but some of the details need to be better thought.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. All feedback, positive and negative is appreciated. We do our best to ensure guest's expectations are met. Most times, especially during a holiday weekend, there is more staff on hand than usual. I'm not certain of the exact details of your sheet request, but the staff should have been able to bring that to you. I understand your frustration for being ready to relax and then feeling as if you had to get this yourself. I do apologize for that. Breakfast is definitely a busy time. Our goal is to make sure that food is kept stocked, hot food hot and cold food cold, all while keeping tables clean and available for guest use.
I hope you had a nice holiday weekend overall.