“Just Average”

Russ' Restaurant
Ranked #142 of 231 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Augustine, Florida
“Just Average”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was not impressed but I was also not disappointed. There is no alcohol served (its real Dutch) but many of the entrees seem to be cooked from scratch. You may have a fantastic meal, then again you may have a very average one as well.

Visited October 2013

Grand Blanc MI
“Visted only because of area recommendation”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

To be fair, the restaurant was full of people and it was recommended by the B&B we stayed at. I was told it was a local place with a Dutch background. With that said, I was not pleased at all with the over all experience. If I ever went again, I would do the soup bar I think. I ordered a prime rib (rare) and it came out well done. The macaroni and cheese only tasted like pasta with food coloring. If it had cheese, it was hard to taste. The meat loaf was dry. The staff was friendly.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank gwkelley
Lowell, Arkansas
“What a waste of time”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Really wanted breakfast so we went here. Spent 61 minutes from entry to food on the table. The food was poorly prepared. Both sausage and corned beef were seared on a way-too-hot grill. Rest of the meal followed the pattern. Server tried to make up for problem after she finally got around to taking our order. The visit was a disaster. Told cashier would report my disappointment here. She didn't know what TA is.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank jjedit
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“A good family restaurant with nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Russ's (with several locations around SW Michigan) is a "standard" family restaurant. The menu has a reasonable variety, and the food is OK, but not spectacular. You can sit in the dining room, where a waitress will take care of you, or on the other side where you place your order via a telephone at each table, and the food is brought out to you (water is self-serve). My wife and I were attending seminars and workshops at Hope Collage, and Russ's is just a few block away and was convenient. We go back every year at the same time, and it works for lunches for us.

• Visited August 2013
“Worse experience ever.”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We went to this restaurant on May 27, 2013. We were getting ready to leave when the waitress finally came to our table. It took a long time to get our food. I ordered a meatloaf stacker with the gravy on the side but it came drenched with gravy as usual. The waitress took it back and had it redone and when it came out the others in my party were finished eating. Again it was wrong, this time they left off the crispy onion rings on top. I used to like Russ' but they have really gone down hill.

• Visited May 2013