“Very comfortable for the price, and great friendly service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable for the price, and great friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The rooms are fairly typical of this style of hotel, but were a major hit with our youngest son. We have 3 sons and I had booked them a double queen room. This had a cushioned window seat (as did ours, a king) and our 10 year old decided that that was where he was going to sleep (so he didn't have to share with one of his brothers!). He said it was very comfortable! (we gave him one of the pillows from the bed and we had a travel rug with us).

Our room was very pleasant and the bed was comfortable; the bathroom was very nice and modern. Breakfast was varied and good.

We found the ladies on the desk extremely helpful and friendly. When we checked in, we found someone else's things in our room. When we told them on the desk, they were very concerned and quick to sort it out, and gave us a replacement room. Also, I left my travel alarm clock in the room but dropped by the following day to pick it up and they had it safe for me at the desk. They had even taken the battery out so it wouldn't corrode!

Great example of this style of motel/hotel.

Room Tip: Both our rooms overlooked the car park but were very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jennyspence
MicrotelHolland, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I am very sorry about the confusion with that room. Typically things like that don't happen here. We always triple check everything. But I'm happy to hear the front desk staff took care of the situation properly. The window seat area in our rooms are always a big hit with younger children. I hope to see you and your family next time you come to town. Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Glendale Heights, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Room was very dirty did not look like it had been vacuumed in months. The hot water did not work. Worst of all, we discovered bedbugs a couple weeks after staying there. Needless to say, we are never going back .

• Stayed June 2014
MicrotelHolland, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. I can assure you our housekeeping staff cleans every room thoroughly after every check out. If you would like to call the hotel and speak with the manager about these issues she would be more then happy to find a resolution to the problem. Safe travels.

Travellers are raving about these Holland hotels

Mount Pleasant, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been travelling to Holland for Business for last 4 years and have been staying at Microtel every time I am in Holland. The management has been updating something every year. The staff is always friendly and caring. I have met the manager 2 to 3 times, very helpful and kind young man. The breakfast area looked recently renovated and had few more items than my last visit. My room has always been clean so looks like housekeeping does good job.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious with large tv
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Raul R
MicrotelHolland, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I'm glad to hear you enjoy your stays with us. I'm also glad to hear you've noticed the changes. The changes are slowly being done. I'm sure I'll see you again soon. Safe travels.
Birch Run
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were visiting for a softball tournament for the weekend. Check in was made a bit confusing because we were splitting the bill. It took the manager several attempts to explain their policy to us about credit cards and holds. etc. We just wanted one person to pay one night and the other person to pay the other night. It turned into a 20 minute ordeal. She was very nice though and was trying very hard to do her job well. The elevator makes ALOT of noises. It was a bit scarey because it sounds as if the cables are going to break. The room was standard. What you would normally exprect from a hotel like this. Nothing special, beds, desk, bathroom, tv. Over all the rooms looked clean until i laid on the bed and rolled over to turn on the wall switch for the light. The wall was dirty! LIke someone had splatter something all over the wall and it had not been washed. I understand washing the walls are not the normal cleaning duties but shouldn't you be wiping down all the light switches, etc??? You wouldn't have been able to miss the mess all over the wall if you had. The night staff or 2nd shift ladies were very pleasant and friendly. Breakfast was limited and limited seating. We opted to go out and pay instead. No pool and pets are allowed. Overall, it is was it is. A very basic, standard room for sleeping only. And when in Holland, who wants to be in a hotel room anyways I guess.

Room Tip: Pets are located on the 2nd floor we were told so if you have allergies, ask about the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MicrotelHolland, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Holland, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I am very sorry for the confusion about the payment. I just like to make sure my guests know exactly what is going on when the check in. I'm very happy to hear that my staff was so nice. As far as the dirty wall issue, I will definitely bring that to the attention of the housekeeping staff. Things like that will be taken care of in the future. Congratulations to the girls for how well they played during the tournament. The girls were so sweet and respectful during their stay. We hope to see you next time they have a game in town.