“I would return”
Review of Lake Ranch Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holland
Lake Ranch Resort
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay close to the State campground where our family was camping. This is a tired, old resort with a lot of personality. I felt like I had stepped back in time. The grounds were very nice and well maintained. The fellow guests were friendly. My only complaint is the smoke from the campfires at the campground across the street filled the parking lot outside of our room and we had to close our window or inhale the smoke from the campfires all night. If someone has asthma, it could be a problem, or I guess you could just turn on the air conditioning.
As long as you are not looking for modern or fancy, it should suit you and the location is great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MerryMarie

Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family has come here for 6 years and all of the years have been a blast! This year we stayed here for 15 days but I still wanted to stay longer! As an eleven year old kid writing this, the place is totally kid friendly as well as relaxing for the adults. It also has a ton of things to do from the beach to the shuffleboard court there. The lakefront view condos are amazing. I recommend those. The workers are so nice and so is everyone else there! If you're looking for a really relaxing, cozy place, Lake Ranch is the best place to be!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Soccerkiddo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lake Ranch Resort on May 19th. We were only there for one night - would have loved to stay longer. Most rooms are around a courtyard with the pool at one end and a gazebo, large deck and the lake at the other end. Lots of BBQ pits on the deck as well as picnic tables and chairs. We enjoyed relaxing on the deck! Our room was not on the courtyard side but was very comfortable. It was a small room but just fine for us. I noticed another reviewer said no A/C. Our room had an A/C, don't know about the others. Bill was extremely nice and helpful. Thanks Bill for the breakfast place recommendation - De Boers (sp?). The food was wonderful!! We would definitely stay at the Lake Ranch Resort again!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariaCatherina
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We find that Lake Ranch is great for families. We have 2 small boys and the playground and grassy area are so great for them to play. We love the pool because it is always warm when we are there...even in May. I feel like the owner/manager really care about taking care of the guests. It was nice to be able to stick around and use the pool after check out and the clubhouse bathrooms are great. Location is awesome for the beach and nice walks. Our room was good. We had a leaky a/c unit but Bill was there to fix it in an instant. Pillows/bedding leave a lot to be desired, not sure if these are provided by the owners but they could really use an upgrade otherwise the units are more well kept then some brand new hotels which is tough since they are so old. Thank you again, we hope to be back to try another unit next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Lake Ranch Inn are condos owned by the boat owners in the slips.
The Boat owners only care about renting there condos when they are not present.
No A/C, small rooms, individually furnished (some good some bad) and damp accomodations.
If you bring your boat , don't count on getting a slip.
Mine ended being tied up to a mooring piling that literally smashed in the rub rail.
No place to put your trailer either. (Only get one parking space per unit or park in the public ramp)
People that ran it where not helpful. Down right rude.
Lake Ranch Inn could be a great place.
However they don't realize how important there transient guests are.

Room Tip: See it first for yourself before putting your money down.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rickbba2
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We enjoyed it very much, good location, Lake Michigan is just down the road!! Older place ,but well kept. Owner was great!! We would go back!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank DEB03_11
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Lake Ranch is a really nice place. They have a great location. Several miles from town BUT right on Macatawa and close to Ottawa Beach SP, marinas, Ottawa Beach Inn, and a few other businesses.

My only issue is that it seems a bit pricey, but that's because of the location. I can understand summer, but after Labor Day the rates should be even lower IMO.

Don't expect upscale hotel amenities as it's a cottage-style condotel. It IS clean and comfortable. Kitchenette really helps. My wife thought the bathroom could have been a bit fresher. Bed was great, pillows were awful. When we go again we're bringing our own. Should have thought of that anyway. It's something we usually do when we drive to an overnight stay. Shower was great, I thought. Water was hot enough for my wife, who likes a damn near scalding hot shower.

They have wifi but I never got it to work. Not sure if there was a problem, but we didn't want to invest the time in researching a fix. Also nighttime was cold, and the heaters in the room are loud (this is not a year-round resort; heaters are small wall units). Room was smaller than it seemed in the photos.

They have an outdoor pool and a game room/sitting room with movies and games, and shuffleboard. Otherwise the lakes/boating are THE attractions. Mt. Pisgah is across the street. Climb the 239 steps for great vistas of both lakes. Good workout. They seem to be sticklers about parking, I imagine if they weren't that people would park in their lot to avoid paying for car entry into the state park beach.

Any complaints we have are quirky ones, but it's a solid 4 stars - maybe 4.5. The people who manage it are really nice and attentive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family