“Perfect Stop by Holland State Beach”
Review of Lake Ranch Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holland
Lake Ranch Resort
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I read some reviews prior to going to Lake Ranch Resort and my expectation was lower than it should have been. This is a great place to stay but you have to have the right expectation. This is a converted older motel. We stayed in room 23 and the manager at the place could not have been more professional than he was. He did a great job and even brought us a stick of butter for the steaks we grilled. The pool is great for a small place. If you are someone who likes to stay at high end resorts or need all the amenities of a 5 star resort, then this place is not for you. It is exactly what it sells itself to be, great location, converted motel, hometown feel, very relaxing and all the amenities you would need for a getaway. The kids loved the place. The only feedback I would have for anyone requesting room 23 is the windows let in a lot of sun so sleeping in is tough so bring a couple towels to pin up to darken the room and you can hear everything between the two rooms. We had 7 and used the coach and all had space to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We traveled to Michigan without reservations and found ourselves driving for a while searching for a place for an overnight stay.
We came across this motel -stopped in and decided to stay.
Although the rooms are very dated and the door lock did not work the rooms were very clean.
I thought the price was a little steep for the dated rooms.
Bring your own toiletries. No shampoo or hair conditioner provided. Bars of soap were included though.
It's located right on the water but not much else around as far as grocery stores. There is a general store nearby but very limited selection.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnsonDE
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My Mom and I were looking for a place to stay near the beach for one night last minute. The man at the desk (don't remember his name) was very helpful. We received a reasonable rate for our night stay. We were able to park our car in front of our room. The room was nicely decorated and nautical themed. Clean. On a marina with nice chairs outside and a pool. I would recommend this place to other travelers. Definitely eat at the Ottawa Beach Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Met here with two other couples for my daughters wedding in town. This was as close as the in town stuff with out all the hassles of being in town. Great little rooms and very nice grounds to hang out. We had room 6 that is a little bigger with a sitting area and bar and kitchenette. We were only there 2 nights but easily could have stayed a week. Our friends had the basic rooms but everyone just hung out at our place as it had parking lot side AND infield side with a view of the lake. This place is not on any ones radar. I work in Holland sometimes and many friends at the wedding live in Holland and had NEVER heard of this place. Very well kept secret. In mid September it was cheaper than the basic hotels in town too. Plus it is right next to the dunes and a nice little pub.

Room Tip: get a room with infield view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caveman10
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay close to the State campground where our family was camping. This is a tired, old resort with a lot of personality. I felt like I had stepped back in time. The grounds were very nice and well maintained. The fellow guests were friendly. My only complaint is the smoke from the campfires at the campground across the street filled the parking lot outside of our room and we had to close our window or inhale the smoke from the campfires all night. If someone has asthma, it could be a problem, or I guess you could just turn on the air conditioning.
As long as you are not looking for modern or fancy, it should suit you and the location is great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MerryMarie
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family has come here for 6 years and all of the years have been a blast! This year we stayed here for 15 days but I still wanted to stay longer! As an eleven year old kid writing this, the place is totally kid friendly as well as relaxing for the adults. It also has a ton of things to do from the beach to the shuffleboard court there. The lakefront view condos are amazing. I recommend those. The workers are so nice and so is everyone else there! If you're looking for a really relaxing, cozy place, Lake Ranch is the best place to be!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Soccerkiddo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lake Ranch Resort on May 19th. We were only there for one night - would have loved to stay longer. Most rooms are around a courtyard with the pool at one end and a gazebo, large deck and the lake at the other end. Lots of BBQ pits on the deck as well as picnic tables and chairs. We enjoyed relaxing on the deck! Our room was not on the courtyard side but was very comfortable. It was a small room but just fine for us. I noticed another reviewer said no A/C. Our room had an A/C, don't know about the others. Bill was extremely nice and helpful. Thanks Bill for the breakfast place recommendation - De Boers (sp?). The food was wonderful!! We would definitely stay at the Lake Ranch Resort again!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple