“Good Eats”

Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 240 Restaurants in Holland
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I spent a night in Holland and celebrated with a small dinner at one of the nicer restaurants there. We each had salad and soup and split a Monte Cristo sandwich. The food was delicious even though a little expensive, My only complaint is that my table was quite uncomfortable with no room to stretch out my legs.

1  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a pretty good entree of Jagenschnitzel but the service was slow and the rest of the meal was just average. Others were having the lunch buffet as most people recommended but we were looking for some Dutch choices, which were not on the buffet. Recommendation is not to go here for traditional Dutch food and enjoy the buffet. Probably best option.

1  Thank ACLMichigan
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hi, we treated our special friends to Sunday Brunch on Sunday, June 1, 2014, we were with the four of us. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and our server was very attentive. The dessert was the highlight of the brunch - so good!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I Recently had the pleasure of reserving a room for a family gathering at the Alpen Rose. I worked with Susan Ihle who went out of her way to help make the event a complete success. The food was excellent. We had pot roast, roasted chicken, steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes,tossed salad and deserts. I got excellent feedback from all in attendance. The pot roast was "to die for" it was so tender and delicious. The staff was very attentive and did an excellent job of serving all in attendance. The room was also very spacious and beautiful and the buffet was set up in the room so no one needed to leave. Couldn't have been more pleased!!

1  Thank dandkdunmore
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Food on buffet was really good. Wait staff very attentive. Beautiful decor. And very good location in downtown area. Go there!