“Pricey- not sure what the inside looks like”

Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 240 Restaurants in Holland
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

When we went on a Friday night, the restaurant was booked for a wedding reception. Good for them, but interesting choice during the summer peak season. Outdoor seating was on the street where they had about 8 tables.

Food was good, but pricey for what you get.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The tables have to be the most uncomfortable table I have ever tried to use to eat dinner. I went with my grandmother for girls night and we both were pleased with the food, the service was okay but it's hard to enjoy when you have no where to put your feet for the goofy bars under the table.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ate al fresco, which was really great on the street in Holland. The people watching was fun. However, the waitress was also people watching, and greeting her friends as they passed by, so she took her sweet time getting us our food, and it was somewhat cold by the time we got it. She didn't come back to check on us, either. The entrees we had tasted okay (I LOVED the taste of the mashed potatoes, even though they were luke warm) but my pasta was super oily, to the point where there was a pool of grease on the bottom of the plate. The taste was fine. The prices were sort of medium, not too outrageous, but not a bargain, either. I might return, sit inside, and order some of the more traditional Austrian/German fare just to try it. I would hope for a different server.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in as a last minute decision to eat dinner. This was the cutest place and had great food. I had the spinach and artichoke dip and the stuffed chicken. The price was a little high, but the food made up for it.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We started out with the BEST goulash ever. What great spices in this hearty soup!! Then we shared the Walleye and the Jager Snitzel. All I can say is AMAZING. Both dishes were great and don't miss the fresh bread with the oil and balsamic vinegar. To die for!!

And the restaurant is beautiful and the service was beyond great.